Regional News Network - no | Glassdoor

"no"

Current Employee - Journalist
Current Employee - Journalist

Pros

Opportunity to learn the business

Cons

Low compensation and high expectations

Other Employee Reviews for Regional News Network

1. "Unpredictable"

Current Employee - Videographer in Rye Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Videographer in Rye Brook, NY

I have been working at Regional News Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small community environment
    Welcoming co-workers
    Good parking
    Nice selection of tea

Cons

Negative attitude among co-workers, due to managerial inefficiencies
    Changes in company policy can diminish net income

Advice to Management

Competitive compensation will reduce high turnover rate

"Terrible Place to Work - RUN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

I worked at Regional News Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none that I can think of during my time of employment

Cons

Get rid of management and it would be better because to them, the business (which is supposed to be ethical) is a playground to have fun.

Advice to Management

Worked there for two months, The worst place EVER.. An extremely negative company culture that stems from management. I was harassed and ended up resigning within two months after being warned not to do so. Afterwards, I mysteriously found myself with an unfavorable reputation (out of the blue), and at the end of smear campaign that was so bad I have not work since. It has now been over year and after living in working in New York State with a great career, w/o a problem prior, not one single problem, & then suddenly I couldn't get hired anywhere, and I still can’t. It's a play ground for the owners and if you get on their bad side you will be punished and it becomes an obsession for them. They have a way of using their wealth and resources (connections) to find any information on you to distort and/or embellish to recreate your history to paint you in a negative light where your entire career (or identity for that matter) suddenly never existed, and unfortunately no one will believe you. They will contact whomever they need to contact including existing contacts within your network to prevent you from defending yourself and/or getting anywhere, and you will NOT be able to do anything about it. You will be seen the way they want you to be seen. In fact, no one will bother to ask you questions, research and/or verify the validity of anything. Strategically, they are that good. I’ve never experience anything like this in my entire work history that now, out of the blue, seems questionable. Google Narcissism/manipulation/smear campaign (consider their unlimited resources),and RUN for your life. Now I am not saying this happens to everyone only to those that get on their bad side, and as I said no one will believe you and ironically, you will be looked at as though you were the problem. Nevertheless, if you really want to work in media without any potential hassle look into other opportunities at NY1 or News 12 to spare your career, reputation, and relationships.