Regions Financial - Long time? Short time? | Glassdoor

"Long time? Short time?"

Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Augusta, GA
Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Augusta, GA

Pros

Right now the best reason to work for Regions is my boss. I believe that is the key to success. If you don't have someone to support you, you might as find another job. Im not sure how the promotions work at Regions but at my last job it was based on performance. I was told that I could earn up to 15% of my salary in commission. As of right now I have not seen one bit of commission. They don't tell you that to get your commission everyone in the branch must meet their goals/ Teamworks and that the gallup score must be in the green for three months.

Cons

Sell, sell, sell. No matter how much you do you are always required to make phone calls and sales. Very fast paced. Honestly, I don't mind the calling part. I just don't like the fact that their are no individual goals. If I could earn commission on my individual work I would be making a lot more money. In the banking world you either need to know someone or have lots of experience to get a good position. If you don't have fun working your way up. I suggest moving every couple of years to maximize your salary and position.

Advice to Management

Not all calling is good. I believe that if you want to work in a position they should atleast try and get you there.

Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial

1. "Lack of career advancement opportunities"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Large financial instituion in the South, was a strong employer in Birmingham. People at legacy Regions were wonderful, really looked to take care of one another. There was a lot of pride in Birmingham to be part of the banking industry.

Cons

Not much career advancement, a lot of bank envy for larger, more sophisticated banks. The will to have a brand and be perceived like the Charlotte banks was there, however the infrastructure was not. Technology was the shining star of legacy Regions, but this investment has been diminished after the merger with Amsouth. The bank is not willing to invest in people or infrastructure enough to make Regions any more than a regional bank.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with employees.

"Regions Bank-It's time to expect more pressure and no rewards."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Stable Company with a large customer base.

Cons

Constantly raising goals and requiring production regardless of what the financial markets are doing.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting cheaters and brown nosers. It is demotivating for thos people who actually want to do a good job the right way.