Regions Financial - Great so far | Glassdoor

"Great so far"

Current Employee - Prime Time Teller in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Prime Time Teller in Birmingham, AL

Pros

I love my branch and my customers. Regions makes it easy to succeed in your position and move upwards in the company. I am not a "seller" but I meet my goals each month and recieve branch and personal payout. They give you so many training opportunities to become better at what you do. At the end of the day, the job its what you make it. I'm a college student and banking is not my career path, but with all the opportunities available, I'm going to ride this path til I get a PhD.

And to comment on recognition, we recieve daily emails about how a customer has contacted regions to report great customer service from someone in our area. They recognize (and pay) you for your hard work

Cons

Lots of departments and people to report to. Just don't lose the money and you'll be fine. No other cons I can think of

Advice to Management

There are so many people we have to know in management so it would be nice to meet them upfront instead of one here and there when they come to do branch visits.

Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial

"Beware: The place is overflowing with bureaucracy and turnover is high for a reason"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL

Pros

It's one of the biggest employers in the state and if you're interested in working in the financial sector (why would you though?) you could probably use Regions to make the leap to bigger banks in the country. Also, the cafeteria and facilities were nice/clean/modern.

Cons

There are meetings 24/7. In the department I worked, you would get "talked to" if you were literally 2 minutes late to start the day (no lie - one day I came in at 8:02 and my boss was waiting next to my cubicle, despite there being a shift of 7am workers already there --- however no one cared if I had to work into my lunch or after 5pm!!!). By far the worst aspect was dealing with Region employees - the majority of whom are ridiculously clueless about technology. From tellers who can't figure out how to turn off their PC (no that's your monitor) to Executive VPs who get to work from their cushy homes or the golf courses and then moan/groan when their remote login access isn't working on their personal iPad device (and everyone inbetween).

Not only that, but the turnover department- and company-wide is atrocious. It should have told me something when they just shoved all sorts of employees together (who would never see each other again) for orientation. Does it really matter what "Life Green" or "Bike Imagery" represents? Yet again, committee design in everything is 100% obvious and you constantly have to deal with stuff that shouldn't be part of your job.

At Regions, you're just a number. Your opinion/ideas don't matter. There's no way to move up unless you stay at least 1 year because of their stupid waiting policy. Also, tuition reimbursement and 401k options are a joke.

Stick to the pre-approved work assignment and hope you're not on the management whipping-boy list on any given day.

During my short time there I saw 2 managers and 4 coworkers in my department quit/get fired (both managers were "demoted" to non-management roles). I left when I got fed up with the crap there and couldn't deal with the tedious work (despite me earning the highest marks on performance/job quality reviews) and even worse, Regions employees I had to assist could never have anything negative written about them in the IT system (Regions hates a paper trail - especially when it comes to management acting stupid/doing bad stuff).

Advice to Management

My advice to management? Stop treating normal employees as cattle. Oh, and thin your own herd because at Regions, there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. Although how likely is Regions to get LESS bureaucratic? Let's be serious.

2. "I have had a wonderful experience with Regions Financial."

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Regions Financial has the best benefits package.

Cons

Regions Financial does not have competitive pay