Regions Financial - Even Better With TARP Repaid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

"Even Better With TARP Repaid"

Current Employee - Vice President in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Vice President in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Great and competent leadership that provides guidance and room to work
Open two-way communication throughout every level of the organization
Strong culture and community support

Cons

Moral has been challenged by the recent economic environment and attacks on banking industry. Environment is improving dramatically with new leadership and moral improving with TARP repayment and Morgan Keegan sale.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you are on by reinforcing the culture, listening to associates and encouraging innovation. All indicators are pointing up.

Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial

1. "Opportunity to grow depends on who you know"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Good benefits and improving technology. Very nice coworkers and immediate supervisors. Nice surroundings in which to work, with the main office located in a suburban area with free covered parking. There is never a sense of micromanagement within the local team & employees feel valued and respected. Associates have a strong sense of community and camaraderie & there is widespread participation in volunteer projects to help various organizations.

Cons

Smaller local consumer presence in NC and not many people are familiar with the bank. Upper management in home office (Birmingham) does not seem to be very connected to the local markets. Promotions and pay increases are very difficult to come by, with new hires being brought in for more than existing employees are paid. Retention efforts are do not seem to be high on HR's priority list.

Advice to Management

Reconsider cost cutting measures which negatively affect your existing human resources and make every effort to let them know you value loyal experienced associates more than new people hired from other banks.

2. "Great so far"

Current Employee - Prime Time Teller in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Prime Time Teller in Birmingham, AL

Pros

I love my branch and my customers. Regions makes it easy to succeed in your position and move upwards in the company. I am not a "seller" but I meet my goals each month and recieve branch and personal payout. They give you so many training opportunities to become better at what you do. At the end of the day, the job its what you make it. I'm a college student and banking is not my career path, but with all the opportunities available, I'm going to ride this path til I get a PhD.

And to comment on recognition, we recieve daily emails about how a customer has contacted regions to report great customer service from someone in our area. They recognize (and pay) you for your hard work

Cons

Lots of departments and people to report to. Just don't lose the money and you'll be fine. No other cons I can think of

Advice to Management

There are so many people we have to know in management so it would be nice to meet them upfront instead of one here and there when they come to do branch visits.