Regions Financial - Not a Bank to work at, nor a Bank to your account at! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

"Not a Bank to work at, nor a Bank to your account at!"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Bank Teller in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Regions Bank was a great place to work at for a couple of months. They did offer some training and a great tuition reimbursement, if you work there long enough.

Cons

While I was in school full time, I would get calls from my manager to come in early or skip class so that they would not be short handed. Regions bank as a whole is not truly a bad place to work for, but it is a "Good Ole' Boy" run company and very sexist towards women in particular. I only stay with Regions for 2 very long years, but that was 729 days to long!

Advice to Management

Listen to your tellers. They are the eyes and ears of your bank, and one on the hardest working members of your team. They will be able to tell you what needs to be changed and what will make the bank run smoother. A good rule of thumb, a happy teller is a happy customer. If the tellers are not happy, then the quality of customer service will go down.

Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial

1. "Teller Position at Regions"

Current Employee - Teller in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Teller in Knoxville, TN

Pros

The actual job is not stressful. You just have to be very careful about checking id's, counting money, etc. If you get placed in a branch with good management then it is a good job.

Cons

The management teams in some of the branches are not very good. They are not very supportive of their staff.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that Regions Financial invest time and training into the management at the branch level. They have absolutely no understanding of any human resource information.

"Regions"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Deland, FL

Pros

Great people to work with. I plan my day and the success I want to have. 2 days are never the same.

Cons

Work load is high to the point of diminshing returns. To much emphasis on sales and not clients.Technolgy and training could use an overhaul.

Advice to Management

Lend, Lend and Lend. I have turned away very good prospects that had great credit. How can we turn away business with someone with credit scores in the 800's? How is that type of practice helping grow our communities? I do not feel I am helping my customers when I can't loan them money. We are a bank right?