Regions Financial - So far, So Good | Glassdoor

"So far, So Good"

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist
Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist

Pros

Good health insurance and benefits, strong support team from management and other associates who are always ready to help each other...at my branch anyway. Branch manager very on top of whats going on in the branch and makes sure you are where you need to be with your performance and focus of products and making sure customer service is top notch. Honestly its not my dream job and I diddn't grow up saying I can't wait to work at Regions bank and sale bank products and try to help people with their account problems all day, but hey its a job, and I feel that as long as I pull my weight and do what I'm required its a secure one. Discounts on cell phone service.

Cons

It does really suck being inside all day. Way to strict on the cell phone thing, first place I ever worked that had a problem with employees having there phone on. The way I see it, a cell phone is a personal thing and I pay way to much for the service for someone to tell me I can't use it, I feel like unless Regions decides they want to start paying my phone bill they really shouldn't have a say in how or if I use it. Now with that being said, I do appreciate the discount on my phone bill.

Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial

1. "Regions is a large bank that acts like a confederacy of community banks -- it lacks a clear vision."

Pros

Competitive salary
    Lots of needs to fulfill
    Good tech support
    Delightful co-workers

Cons

Decision making is very reactive and rarely proactive
    There is far too much territoriality at the top
    Management is in denial about the depth of the company's issues
    Company is too Birmingham-centric

Advice to Management

Decide if you are willing to undertake true transformation, and if so, recruit top talent to support the mission. Invest in coaching and leadership development in a serious way -- don't just tag the bases.

"Promising to begin with, but going steadily down hill with current leadership."

Pros

The people I work with.
    Strong and fair policies/procedures.
    Training programs for entry-level, line positions.
    Good pay and benefits, better than average in many cases.
    Local atmosphere of teamwork and inclusion.

Cons

Weak, even incompetent, leadership
    Overemphasis on 'tick-marks,' along with unrealistic goals.
    Overwhelming focus on the negative; threats about job loss.
    Overall lack of communication between upper management and local management/employees.
    Lack of trust in leadership.

Advice to Management

Do some self-reflection to determine how your current leadership style is working for you and the business - not so good, is it? Constantly threatening employees jobs and making what apear to be irrational, emotional decisions has the destroyed the trust of employees in many markets.