Regis Corporation - Hard to find stylist | Glassdoor

"Hard to find stylist"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Salon Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with regis for 13 years and looking forward to much needed change in our industry,Been with the company to long to leave ,so we need to change things

Cons

Right now it seems the company is only worried about the customer experiance when coming into the salon.After 30+ years working in salons the real problem is there are alot of stylist that have no idea what they are doing.They are getting out of school with no idea how to even shampoo let alone how to cut hair..and we Regis owns the school.

Advice to Management

the pay needs to be better so we can keep good stylist .We need a better way to find advancement in our company.They need someone that can go into every salon and make sure the managers can cut hair and do every service in the salon perfect.And someone to teach new stylist..as a busy manager I dont have time.

Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation

"SmartStyle Family Hair Care Hairstylist"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Summerville, SC

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You do all hair types and you're in a busy location. Its a good salon to build your own clientle and to become confident with work. You dont have to pay rent, you dont have to buy products and or equipment. All you need is your license and your sissors. You get paid by the hour if you do not make commission.

Cons

The clients wont wait no longer than 20minutes. There is no receptionist and no walk phone. I was tired of leaving my client because I had to ring up retail and or answer the phone. you have to work every weekend. you have to work nights. the company keeps 60% of everything you earn. you get paid twice a month but you really get paid once a month because one check is advance pay. My fisrt year I made $14,000. Its really a dead end job if you think about you never gonna make enough money to survive there if you only want to be a Stylist.

Advice to Management

Mangers are over worked and under paid I know they are streessed by that but don't take it out on your co-workers. Make sure you treat them with respect so they can help take aload off instead of adding to it,

2. "I am very happy working for smartsyle"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Brewer, ME
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Brewer, ME

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very busy salon . I love the monthy comeptitions to win awesome prizes!

Cons

You must be willing to commit to working all weekends! because those times are the bussiest.

Advice to Management

never forget to tell your staff how much you appreciate what they do!