Regis Corporation - Stylist, Management | Glassdoor

"Stylist, Management"

Current Employee - Stylist?Manager in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Stylist?Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Build Speed with all types of hair services,(cuts,chemical services, styling), decent walk-in clientele depending on location, room to grow and learn

Cons

Immature co-workers, WEAK Regional Managers with their OWN AGENDA, low growth potential, competition for clients with other stylists, Upper management is all about THEIR bonuses and playing the blame game, constant threats that you will be "Stepped -Down" increases as bonus gets nearer to fruition...

Advice to Management

DON'T! No wins situations, RIDICULOUS low pay as a manager, too much is asked, maintain your own clientele, babysit stylists, get no support, multitask while doing everything else in store with constant interruptions

Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation

1. "Invaluable"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I learned so much, the Education propelled me into my own salon ! Its a great company to work for!

Cons

Mall Hours! Holidays, I still believe in being closed on Sundays! Family time is so important in all our lives. It makes for happier employees when the learn balance!

Advice to Management

Work hard , learn all you can . It will make you a wonderful stylist with a great addition into the business world! I met some wonderful people when I worked for Regis !

"Big Company trying to do the right things"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- in many ways, still retains characteristics of the small family-owned company it once was
    - people at HQ are great - friendly and have a strong team effort across depts
    - Sr Mgmt generally keeps you informed of what company is planning for improvements
    - free Lunches from groceries provided in employee kitchens - if you like basic
    Stuff like sandwiches, salads, etc.
    -profit sharing replaces 401k match (.it's been pretty consistent and
    Better than nothing!)

Cons

- lower pay than other companies its size
    - company performance has been lackluster the past several years
    - historically the company has reacted to issues, as opposed to well- executed strategies, which often results in inefficiency - they are working on this though - VERY HARD

Advice to Management

-Provide opportunities for 360 reviews - there is no way for employees to safely report poor manager behavior

-get on top of planning strategies in advance, and get better about executing them across depts