Regis Corporation - staff accountant | Glassdoor

"staff accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

family oriented good, very good work and life balance

Cons

need better leadership although it seems that it is getting better than before.

Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation

"Mastercuts- Worst job ever!"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Hickory, NC

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've heard good things about Regis, and have a lot of friends that work at some of their other chains that love it, but this one was messed up! The only pro is that I got to do the job I went to school to do.

Cons

Management didn't know what the heck they were doing. only 7.25/hr plus tips (you dont claim cash tips, card tips come out of your check, most people tipped on cards though). too many staff for the traffic that came in. not enough hours per person. wouldn't let me take vacation time to visit my (now husband, fiance at the time) in texas, in the air force, for more than 3 days (it takes a little over a day to actually drive here, so that'd mean spending one day with him). Also, my first week they wouldnt let me cut hair until I watched all the training videos, and they left me all alone to close at night. So they left me watching videos, and told me to turn away anyone who came in wanting a haircut because I was still training. ?

Advice to Management

Regional managers : don't just move someone up to management because you need to fill the spot. Bring someone else who is experienced and responsible in.
    Store managers: Know what you're doing. Don't leave because you just dont want to work anymore.
    Dont have your boyfriend sitting in there with you the whole time.

2. "There is a light at the end of the Tunnel!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that has been through alot, but there are alot of people here that believe in the future and can see that in time things will be better. In fact it's already starting. The new CEO and other new leaders are creating a vision and path, and sharing it with the organizaion, so there are more common goals in place.

There are alot of great career opportunities and in many cases a place to grow your career.

Employees here have a great passion for what they do.

Cons

Unfortunately, the struggles they have had in the past have caused some really good people to leave. But the continuing building is back on.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, and continue to communicate!