Regus - Challenging and rewarding | Glassdoor

"Challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management team in my area is amazing. Team work and encouragement abound. Training, while exhausting at times, is good. Multiple databases and systems make figuring out to whom to send issues to a real challenge for newcomers. It is rewarding assisting entrepreneurs and small business persons with their office needs. As a GM, I am encouraged by upper management to be transparent with my clients about all aspects of the Terms & Conditions of their agreement with Regus. As the GM in my center I am given the freedom to make good business decisions for my clients as well as for my center. Regus is an innovative and forward thinking company with impressive growth and goals. If you like things to stay the same and have the attitude that "we have always done it this way" and don't want to adapt, then Regus is most likely not the place for you. Change is the constant at Regus. I love what I do and the team I work with and simply cannot imagine leaving Regus.

Cons

Billing is challenging to say the least. Billing issues crop up monthly and dealing with those issues consumes time which could be better spent elsewhere by the Team Members.

Advice to Management

Streamline and consolidate systems. Systems are not always intuitive.

Other Employee Reviews for Regus

1. "Normal ups and downs of any company, overall good experiences"

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

There is a lot of support, the training is comprehensive, the sales material and collateral are above average. There are a lot of tools and support to help sales people acheive their goals. Expectations are very clearly defined. My co-workers and peers are easy to work with and very helpful.

Cons

The fast paced environment is not for everyone, the company wants to be innovative and always ahead of the customers needs so there is a tremendous amount of change. You might find this exciting or you might find it stressful. Depends on the person. Field teams are fantastic, the centralized functions could use some improvement.

Advice to Management

Fix the GSC

"Beauty Before Brains"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Regus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clients can make the day easier.

Cons

-1 1/2 CSR employees doing the job that requires 5+
    - No matter how much a part-time person wants the full-time job they will hire someone from outside who has no knowledge and you get to train them
    - Managers want to know what you are doing every 10min
    - Managers cannot seem to do even basic work and will consistently call CSR and assign tasks that the managers get paid for
    - If you want to work here act as dumb as possible. People who are smart and can work in fast environments are treated horribly, while lazy workers or talk with clients and management all day are the queen bees that management will ask you to become like and compare you to.
    - My manager thinks I am having a panic attack because I can talk real fast....my brain just processes information faster
    - If management asks you if you had any problems today...LIE. Telling them the issues you have to deal with or asking for help makes them call you in for "talks" about panic attacks in public, not showing the clients the work is hard, and not being able to handle your job.
    - You WILL get blamed for everything, even if there is no proof it is your fault
    - Gossip, gossip, gossip...managers love to talk down about anyone not in the clique
    - I was told by management that part-time workers do not get holiday pay yet my check says otherwise
    - I have been told i CANNOT get health Insurance
    - If a CSR leaves you will be forced to work full-time till an outside replacement is found all without any full-time benefits
    - Management is two-faced. They act like angels and have been taught how to say the worse things to employees but make it sound like encouragement.
    - Management will not want you to learn outside your job (csr 1 cannot learn about billing, management, or sales) because then you can ask for that job when the person leaves.
    - When you are denied the full-time position that is given to an outside person you will have to train the new person and management tells you its because they have more experience
    - Management will try to keep you around after you don't get the position you applied for within company by enticing you with a future position that you will also be denied for because your inexperience.
    - You can do everything right, but if management sees one mistake they will make sure you know that you never do anything right
    - Management will tell you it is your job as CSR to allow Regus clients and clients of Regus clients to verbally assault you either in person or over the phone because Regus, not you, gets paid for it.
    - If you are like me and have to take the job because of lack of options, play as dumb as a brick, half way do your job so you can get to know clients (first priority), and stay just long enough to make your resume look good.

Advice to Management

The workplace is not high school where everyone gossips and breaks off into cliques. Learn from other companies mistakes and treat you employees like humans. Otherwise you could have a mass protest or lawsuit like walmart and the food places as of late.