RehabCare - Learning lessons the hard way as a new grad.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RehabCare

"Learning lessons the hard way as a new grad...."

Current Contractor - Physical Therapy Assistant in San Rafael, CA
Current Contractor - Physical Therapy Assistant in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at RehabCare as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are AMAZING! The rehab team at my facility is truly a top-notch group of professionals who do all we can everyday to give our patients the best care by communicating with the other disciplines/therapists to gather information about how the patient is tolerating treatments, observed barriers to progress or ideas to advance patient based on individual experiences while working with the patient.

ZERO personal drama between the rehab staff/team therapists. at least that is the way I have experienced this group over the past year; respect for the PT Aides/Technicians is also a consistent practice demonstrated by the rehab team - they are so important to us and to our patients as they help keep the "flow"!

The personnel and the patients are great - a good effort is made to keep the facility clean and well-run which is a challenge at best on any given day but you can tell the staff sure does try!

Cons

My perceptions are a lack of effective training and instruction with EMR system; considering the importance and emphasis placed on therapists' productivity by this company, more time, attention, and effort should be given/required to be given to new employees in order to ensure successful and accurate documentation and billing. The system itself is not complicated, however, there are many aspects of documentation logistics that the new graduate will be able to pick up on until significant time is spent on the job.
So much/too much weight and expectation is placed on the (high) productivity percentages without consideration for the level of user experience and amount of time the therapist has had the chance to spend learning/using the iTouch and EMR software/app.

Less than average earning potential. Unless a stellar contract is negotiated prior to starting a position don't expect to increase your pay-rate once you've "signed on the line" (no raises have been given for 4+ years according to staff).

Advice to Management

Please know that your employees really do care about their patients and their families. So far each transitional care facility/rehabilitation hospital I have had the opportunity to work at the rehab team members have been amazing! The skill and professionalism demonstrated by the RehabCare therapy staff is by far some of the best I've had the privilege to work with AND learn from! My advice is to please, please recognize the value and importance of each and every individual who chooses to comes to work for RehabCare - Kindred by being leaders in providing improved wage-earning opportunities and merit-based rewards for therapy teams who are TRULY giving their best EVERYDAY to help make and keep our company among the top facilities people choose to trust with the care and well-being of their beloved family members!

Thank you for taking the time to read, and hopefully consider further, my input and advice in this section.

Other Employee Reviews for RehabCare

"Little to no training, no respect for employees, only care about numbers and not patient care"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Boston, MA

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoy working with other disciplines (Not specific to RehabCare)

Cons

No raises or opportunities for growth, management is not qualified for their positions and not interested in providing high quality care. Poor training opportunities, did not feel supported by company.

Advice to Management

Better training opportunities, give incentives for certifications, regular employee reviews. Patients are more important than minutes, once you learn that everything else will fall into place. Licensed therapists are professionals and should be treated as such and not micromanaged.

"Never again will I work for this company"

Former Contractor - Occupational Therapist in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Occupational Therapist in San Diego, CA

I worked at RehabCare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a great team of therapists. Patients were for the most part, appropriate for treatment. The facility had many outdoor spaces to treat, as one would expect in CA.

Cons

As a traveling therapist, productivity expectation was 90%. Maybe doable in some facilities, however not where I was. The expectation was for me to stay off the clock to document, was not going to do that. Even the staff therapists had to do it in order to survive, and their productivity standard was less than 90%.

Advice to Management

Realize that travelers are still human, and really exist to fill a spot that the company cannot fill otherwise. Unrealistic expectations make RehabCare a truly awful place to work. 90% productivity is only somewha realistic for COTAs, and even then, that's really pushing it.