Reinhart Foodservice - Better company before Reinhart bought us | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Reinhart Foodservice

"Better company before Reinhart bought us"

Current Employee - Order Selector in Taunton, MA
Current Employee - Order Selector in Taunton, MA

I have been working at Reinhart Foodservice full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Reinhart is a much bigger company with a lot more resources than the company it bought out. My company is a lot more "corporate" now.

Cons

Well, they lowered our pay and decreased our benefits. They supposedly "upgraded" our systems but in reality it was a total downgrade. We have a minimum required work standard that we have to meet in order to make a decent wage. If we don't meet that standard than the pay drops to something totally unacceptable. The "upgrades" make it near impossible to meet minimum standard, so most people will be stuck making a low wage. Reinhart has made a lot of people hate a job that we had no real issues with...now looking for other employment.

Advice to Management

Go out and do the physical work yourself and try meet the minimum standard required. If you can do it then the selectors and myself will stop complaining and "union talk" will stop.

Other Employee Reviews for Reinhart Foodservice

"Straight Bull Sh*T Company"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Springfield, VA

I worked at Reinhart Foodservice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekends off, just enough time to catch your breath for another long week of grinding.

Cons

Horrible trailer loading practices,ridiculous turn over rate,low wages for the amount of hours put in a day and yes, Inept management.

Advice to Management

Hire people that can perform their task correctly, pay them,respect them and they might stay around longer. Duhh?.If not better equipment,at least, equipment that works.Hell, some tools might be just fine. Stop being so cheap.This Co. supposedly makes billions.I guess of the drivers already weak backs. Maybe other divisions are cool but 513 blows.

"Hardworking and Dedicated, It's for you."

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Louisville, KY

I worked at Reinhart Foodservice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits for the individual. Several bonuses. As a driver you can give yourself a raise constantly depending on your work habits from the way they pay. Opportunities for advancement. Constant training to progress. Works well with seniority promoting unless someone less senior is more qualified for the position, but it is all on the employee if they try or not for it.

Cons

Medical benefits for families not the greatest, but good. Some favoritism. They do care about their employees, but not as much as their customers. Both of these should be equal, because you can't have one without the other.

Advice to Management

Do not base your promotions solely off of experience and education. There are so many people that do not have either that can perform and take your company very far. Just because someone doesn't have a degree or experience, doesn't mean they aren't as smart as someone who does, nor does it mean that someone without the experience can't learn and excel very quickly.