Remilon - Senior Management Lacks Integrity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Remilon

"Senior Management Lacks Integrity"

Pros

The home office is in lovely Mountain View, CA

Cons

I worked full-time in the Mountain View headquarters of Remilon for about four months. A few days after having my work verbally described by the company’s president as “perfect,” I was fired by this same person -- the President and co-founder -- with neither severance nor explanation.

In short: the senior leadership here lacks integrity – neither in-office nor remotely should any decent person engage in business with Remilon.

Other Employee Reviews for Remilon

1. "Online course developer / instructor"

I worked at Remilon as a contractor

Pros

This was a great way to get back into the education field at a time in my life when I couldn't commit to a full-time job. It greatly improved my confidence in my profession and I got to work with a lot of really talented people. I'm very proud of the work I did at this company.

Cons

When I started working, Remilon was creating free online courses to make college education more accessible; this work was advertised as a philanthropic endeavor and I didn't feel bad earning $125 per lesson, even though each one took about 10 hours. Later though, they switched to a subscription model in which customers have to pay $40 a month to access all of the content. This means that I can't even watch my own videos anymore. I can't show them to my friends and family because it costs money. I have well over 2 million views total from all of the work I did, and I don't even want to think about how much money Remilon has made off of my work. I already signed all my rights away, so there's nothing to do about it. But it would be nice if they would reach out and be like… "Hey here's $1000 Thank You money since we duped you and made a killing off the work you did under the guise of philanthropy." It just sucks that I have to view this company with such bitterness after being so proud of the work I did with them.

Advice to Management

If you're going to change the game and take advantage of your contract employees, maybe do something nice for them, like grant them access to their own content?

2. "Writer"

I worked at Remilon as a contractor

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule, great communication with editors

Cons

pay is on the low side and it was a 1099 contract position so you end up paying your own taxes.