Renaissance Learning - RLRN | Glassdoor

"RLRN"

Current Employee - Director in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Current Employee - Director in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Pros

Good education Products
Passionate line workers

Cons

Parochial attitude
Poor benefits and compensation package

Advice to Management

Hire and utilize experience
Dont make decisions in a vacuum

Other Employee Reviews for Renaissance Learning

"If you just want a place to show up everyday and do your job, this could be the place."

Former Employee - Engineering in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Former Employee - Engineering in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Pros

The benefits were great. Majority of people were really, really nice.

Cons

Although people were really nice, there was hardly an environment for creativity. You felt like you were working in a manufacturing environment and you had to do your job and not think. The company was more than happy to cover a problem up with people. People are the greatest assets, but problems don't fix themselves. Not a mindset of a innovative technology company, regardless of industry.

Advice to Management

Push employees to be on the forefront of technology and look outside the box. Fix the problems by understanding the problems first, then assigning resources to tend to the problems. Understand other ways to do business and make sure employees don't fear you. Make sure they respect you. Mgmt. personnel have good hearts and intelligence, they just need to think out of the box and push back when things don't make sense

"A great place to work, but becoming very "corporate""

I have been working at Renaissance Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, a very nice place to be employed. The employees are topnotch, intelligent, and hardworking. The work that the company does is highly commendable, and I am generally very proud to tell people that I work here. The benefits are good, management is approachable, but very busy, and work schedules are flexible including enabling most of us to do some or all work from home.

Cons

Pay scales are way off in some areas. While a seemingly endless number of Chief-(fill in the blank)-Officers are hired from outside firms, and software engineers are lured in at high salaries, lower level employees work for less than the going rate and are given yearly, minute raises, if any. In my position, I make over 15% less than what the market dictates. I've seen it before, and it's a wonderful family-owned company that has been bought out by a big investment firm, and the bottom line is profitability. We've seen department budgets decrease as the company excels. Also, in certain positions, there is no opportunity whatsoever to advance. Jack Lynch was a great CEO and is a loss to the company.

Advice to Management

Be proud, but stay humble. Promote from within--you have SO much talent here. When you say your employees matter most, "walk the walk."

Renaissance Learning Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I’m happy to read that you’re proud to say you work at Renaissance. I also appreciate your comments on compensation and career advancement. We are ... More