Renesas Electronics America - Result oriented, reward for taking initiatives | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Renesas Electronics America

"Result oriented, reward for taking initiatives"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Renesas Electronics America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smaller hierchical structure, result oriented management staff, very good medical and 401k

Cons

Dealing with Japan HQ is time consuming, old process and processes,

Advice to Management

Need to pay close attention on work life balance of employee in America.

Other Employee Reviews for Renesas Electronics America

"Used to be awesome"

Former Employee - IT Desk Jockey in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - IT Desk Jockey in Roseville, CA

Pros

The other employees made it a great place to work. It really felt like family. Even in the hard times, it was still great to go to work. It felt like everyone, as satisfied or dissatisfied with their job, they never left. It's awesome that the company does such a good job of making people feel like they're appreciated and needed.

Cons

With what was said above, there were some hard times. In those hard times, management shut down every idea anyone had to make the working environment better. When it was really hard, we weren't allowed to spend any money. We ran out of toner for our printer, and we weren't allowed to buy new toner. We had to supply our own pens and pencils at times. I asked to get a 'free' CD, that we had to pay $4 shipping on, and got denied. Also as mentioned above, tho it's awesome that no one ever left, it also made it very difficult to be promoted.

Advice to Management

The biggest problem from leadership is that, unless you were Santa Clara or Japan, you were the red-headed step child. It would have been nice to have been recognized as important from HQ.

2. "Gives new meaning to the phrase "doing the same thing everyday, and expecting a different result"."

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The benefits are very good (heath, 401k, etc.)

Cons

Self serving management that continues to blame the employees for the company's performance issues.
    Overseas offices (America, Europe, etc.) are given very little respect for their contributions on a global scale, and are usually the first to see cutbacks when the market begins to dip.
    Human Resources is a department to stay clear of at all times.

Advice to Management

Stop encouraging and promoting distrust and dislike between business units, and/or within business units (i.e. between sales and marketing). This is the only solution to grow market share within the U.S.