Renfro Design Group - Great people, no room to grow, long hours | Glassdoor
  1. "Great people, no room to grow, long hours"

Former Employee - Lighting Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Renfro Design Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, people are smart, considerate and caring. It was a wonderful office culture, very supportive of work and personal lives.

Cons

The benefits were ok, not bad for the Lighting design Industry, but not the best. Work-life balance was not the best, often there were long hours and disregard for previously organized after work plans on a regular basis. Not much room to move upward and grow.

Advice to Management

Be considerate of your employees/underlings time and don't set unreasonable expectations for deadlines.

Renfro Design Group2014-09-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Nice working environment and great projects"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Renfro Design Group for less than a year

Pros

I found people that I worked with very nice, helpful and interested in teaching you. As an intern in 3 months I learned more then I thought I could. I also got exposure to an amazing projects from private apartments to museums and city blocks.

Cons

It might seem too slow or boring for people who are used to crazy design environments with tones of deadlines, screaming and drama. That's the only "bad" thing I can think of. Or and a lot of sweets in the office - might be dangerous for someone who is trying to keep fit. Just kidding.

Renfro Design Group2014-05-28

Discover more reviews about Renfro Design Group.