Renown Health - Progressive organization with strong senior leadership and an exceptional ambulatory strategy. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Renown Health

"Progressive organization with strong senior leadership and an exceptional ambulatory strategy."

Pros

Great culture solidly permeated throughout the orgnaization. Strong employee recognition programs. Very focused on patient satisfaction and employee engagement.

Cons

Prior expansion has resulted in financial challenges in a very high unemployment market (big increase in self pay).

Advice to Management

Continue to make the tough decisions necessary to survive the current economic environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Renown Health

1. "A review from the perspective of an excited 20 year old who is eager to work in the hospital setting."

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Reno, NV

I have been working at Renown Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Friendly coworkers
    My supervisor is awesome
    Company encourages growth into higher-level medicine
    Company will subsidize your education
    CEO has a large focus on population health

Cons

They take advantage of being the largest medical employer in the area — 13.19 as starting pay for a phlebotomist is much lower than comparable positions at Saint Mary’s or the local jails/prisons

Advice to Management

Patients want colored “fun” bandages. You guys make billions a year, splurge on the patient.

2. "Clinicals at Renown"

Former Intern - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Reno, NV
    Former Intern - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Reno, NV

I worked at Renown Health as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Efficient and progressive. Before I understood what Quality Management was I saw it at Renown. The environment during my clinicals really makes it difficult for me to want to work anywhere else.

Cons

I wish my clinical time had lasted longer. Continuous quality care and improvement can be stressful for staff. Good leadership communication can limit frustrations and grow transformational ability.

Advice to Management

Keep searching for people that believe in accountable care and healing. Renown is amazing and please never forget it.