Rent-A-Center - Good Hard work Life Ballance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

"Good Hard work Life Ballance"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, in 5 years i worked my way from account manager to a Store Manager. I came from a very prestigious store.

Cons

Very hard work to life ballance. Working from 8am to 7 or 8pm 5 days a week. Saturdays is suppose to be your early day, but that depends on how your numbers are.

Advice to Management

Stick more to improving the life or our co workers and our customers. Not what did you do for me today.

Other Employee Reviews for Rent-A-Center

1. "Too much time away from home."

Pros

Money wasn't bad, mostly came from overtime though.
    Good people to work with, you see them more than you see your own family.

Cons

You are gone all the time. Dealing with bad customers is not fun, especially in the projects & other sketchy neighborhoods. You have to clock out for lunch but never really given a lunch break.

Advice to Management

Give a little more time off & staff the stores better

2. "Tough Manual Labor, Long hours, 6-day work weeks, Repossessing in dangerous areas, Spend hours on debt collection calls"

Pros

It's a job, If you work as an account manager in credit (Repo) then you get to spend alot of time on the truck , which is better than being in store.

Cons

Taking people stuff that they have paid 3 times the amount for over several years,all because they are late one payment. Going into bad neighborhoods, and run down buildings with no elevator, delivering or repoing a complete apartment full of heavy furniture. Getting cussed out on the phone by customers that you are ripping off. I could go on forever....