Rent-A-Center - Your Life is In their Hands | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rent-A-Center

"Your Life is In their Hands"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay. That's Pretty Much it. Oh Nice Health Benefits.

Cons

NO HOME LIFE. You will never see your family, children, friends. Hours are too long. Then they take this huge trip every year for Top Sale Mangers and District Mangers. My thing is, the trip is based on how we perform. Half of those Mangers and Especially those District Mangers aren't deserving of the trip because it was the Assistant Mangers and Customer Service Reps that got them that trip in the first place. What the Assistant Managers get? Nothing, has to fill in for the days the Mangers go on trip!

Advice to Management

If an customer calls with an complaint don't take their side cause 90% of the customers have bad pay history. Reiterate to them on time Payments!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Rent-A-Center

"worst job stay far away"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Rent-A-Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing i have to say is positive about this company

Cons

filthy back breaking work no life 50 hour work weeks going to customers homes to retrieve merchandise extremely dangerous you deal with roaches rats mice infestations bodily fluids you name it then you need to clean up the merchandise with just windex and paper towel to re rent out the stuff , 50 hour minimum is the rquirement but you work 60 to 70 insane quatas you literally are expected to drive to the customers wherever they are at in the city to pick up there payments or you cannot go home at night until you hit your quottas they call these milk runs we were making milk runs in the projects at 9pm at night for customers payments nearly got attacked by someones chained up pitbull when we need to retrieve a refridgerator , when we got the fridge back it was swarming in roaches we had to carry it down 6 flights of stairs by hand becuase our removal equipment was broken and we were covered in roaches it literally was a nightmare job i could go on and on but trust me you rather be homeless then work here and collect welfare its that bad

Advice to Management

blow up everything you guys only consider one thing profits you dont care about employees health or there familys there even to cheap to supply the correct working equipment to properly tdo the job its criminal the way this place operates on top of that these places are ripping of and taking advantage of the poorest communitys and people in some stats they have even banned them from operating like new york becuase of the predatory like operations look it up jersey and new york are not allowed to operate unfortunately pa is another story

"Kiss butt or be in the rear view mirror!!"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rent-A-Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be great company, now just a bunch of idiots in upper management!!!

Cons

How about RAC purchasing Easy Home Rentals and a store masnager for easy home gets promoted to DM over all original RAC employees with more experience!! This guy didn't even have to prove himself as a store manager 1st??? Per RAC policy, the job is supposed to be posted and equal opportunity is to be given for applicants for 72 hours. NO WAY, everyone finds out about the job after this moron gets promoted!!! This comes after the company demotes 70 DM's a year earlier because of consolidation and gives all those DM's $20,000 a year pay cuts. Shouldn't those individuals get 1st shot at a open DM position?? What a joke!! They dont even realize the message they are sending.

Advice to Management

Make it about your employees and maybe the company would double their business with happy individuals in the stores. Raise pay with economy, pay structure has been the same for 10 years.