Rentbits.com - Instability | Glassdoor

"Instability"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

- some good people
- pretty light atmosphere
- perks
   - snacks
   - massages
   - occasional happy hours
- varied responsibilities

Cons

- weak processes
- micromanagement
- high turnover
- instability
   - in staff
   - in direction / initiatives
- low loyalty to staff
- disconnection between levels of staff

Advice to Management

Communication and understanding of daily duties and responsibilities between levels of staff was almost non-existent. Highest levels of management expected everything out of the "lowest" rung and the highest dedication while seeming aloof and often times completely absent from the office. Was a frustrating atmosphere by the end. It could have turned around since my departure. I have not had much communication with the company since, although I know most of my former co-workers are still there.

Other Employee Reviews for Rentbits.com

"Rentbits Warning"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

Laid back
    Good employees
    Ping Pong table

Cons

Low pay
    Weak benefits
    Illusion of stock options
    Illusion of job security
    Poor management
    Free snacks are not kept stocked

Advice to Management

My advice to all looking for employment at rentbits is to be careful. rentbits talked me into taking less pay than the market offered because of a strong office culture and stock options at a quickly growing online company. The reality was I never got my papers for stock options and was amazed with the lack of communication between members of management. rentbits uses office culture as a way to encourage retention without having to pay for it but offer no loyalty to their employees. I and three others were unexpectedly let go without warning or explanation. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

2. "Innovative, Agile and Fun"

I have been working at Rentbits.com full-time

Pros

The people by far. Ideas are listened to and everyone is a part of the team. The new website incorporated all team members, not just management. There is ample opportunity to learn new things and take on various projects which keeps things fresh.

Cons

This is still a small company so resources can be a challenge but everyone is very clear about keeping a start up mentality, so that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

I've shared my thoughts and feedback with management privately but it has centered around this being a great place to work. They care about my professional development and have taken interest in me and the rest of the team from a personal perspective. I feel respected here as I continue to grow.