Republic Airways - Not bad but not good | Glassdoor

"Not bad but not good"

I worked at Republic Airways full-time

Pros

Initially I had an issue with them but now I have to say that they have learned from the lessons of getting rid of good Frontier employees and now understand the value of all.....they have seen the light!

Cons

VERY top heavy, never promotions unless you are personal friends with an executive

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring you know, promote more from within.....you're missing some great people. The vacation benefits are a joke. While yes the employee has flight benefits, the flights are never available!

Other Employee Reviews for Republic Airways

1. "It was a great learning experience"

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time

Pros

the people and culture were great

Cons

Pay is a little below average and there does not seem to be much room for advancement.

"Never Move To A Base"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

Pros

Work with some great pilots. Most pilots are fun to work with. I have been able to visit towns and cities I would otherwise never visit. I prefer working alone on the plane (without other flight attendants). This is why I chose to work with Chautauqua as compared to Shuttle America or Republic. Most hotels we stay at are nice, but most do not offer a free breakfast.

Cons

1. Bases close often. I learned a long time ago, never move to a base.
    2. We should have flight benefits on all airlines we service, not just the airlines we service in our base. For example, if you are based in ORD, all you have is AA benefits.
    3. Management is rarely available. If you call someone in the main office, usually you get their voice mail. It may be a week or more before you receive a response.
    4. Work schedules make it very difficult for commuters. Chautauqua assumes everyone will continue to move to a base.
    5. Recurrent training requires flight attendants to view 16-20 lessons on line, and pass an on line exam (30 questions in 20 minutes). Plus, attend in class recurrent. This includes yet another exam (50 questions). Recurrent should be a refresher course, not a stressful, timed exam.

Advice to Management

Give employees an incentive to stay with Chautauqua Airlines. Allow all flight attendants to have access to flight benefits to all the code share airlines we service.