Republic Services - Corporate's priorities are all wrong | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

"Corporate's priorities are all wrong"

Former Employee - Billing Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Billing Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a relaxed working environment.

Cons

Everyone received a flat 2% annual raise. Corporate wastes time and resources purchasing and implementing ridiculous programs instead of giving their office staff a working printer. (Such as buying a baseball hat that every member the office had to wear in case of a safety incident). Management hired and then protected a few key supervisors who brought down the whole team. A lot of my former coworkers actually cared about their jobs but were then taught not to.

Advice to Management

The necessary changes are obvious, republic bought out some great companies who had very satisfied employees, they modeling them a bit more.

Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services

""STRAPPED DOWN" This company will NOT promote from within, regardless of all the experience you may have!"

Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Weekily paychecks and Benefits..... But thats it.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, if management expects and receives top performance from us the real workers that drive this company to the heights where it's at...... Then we Expect the same from you Management!. Meaning, we expect RESPECT, RECOGNITION, AND VALUE!!!! Next, provide us with the proper tools to do OUR JOB (for example: working trucks!!!) How can you expect a driver to go out and pull a route daily without a truck? Seriously, all that training and meetings you guys have, and you cant solve this issue? Because this is an ongoing dillemma. Also promotions are nonexistant, unless ofcourse you play favorites. Again it comes down to poor management and unprofessionalism. Management does as it pleases, and pick and choose who they want to advance and Equal Opportunity is obsolete for the rest of us. Its simply just the run around and the "policy card" they pull out when they see it fit and to cover their butts.....

Advice to Management

They wont listen anyways.... Been there/ Done that! Waste of my time.

2. "learn a lot but the company went thru many changes in a short period of time ( buyouts)"

Former Employee - Route Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Route Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

salary and benfits were good.Job was hard at times labor and mental exhuasting .which i enjoyed.

Cons

The weather was an enemy at times

Advice to Management

To listen to the employees. They are out there daily.