Republic Services - "STRAPPED DOWN" This company will NOT promote from within, regardless of all the experience you may have! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

""STRAPPED DOWN" This company will NOT promote from within, regardless of all the experience you may have!"

Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX
Former Employee - Driver in Arlington, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Weekily paychecks and Benefits..... But thats it.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, if management expects and receives top performance from us the real workers that drive this company to the heights where it's at...... Then we Expect the same from you Management!. Meaning, we expect RESPECT, RECOGNITION, AND VALUE!!!! Next, provide us with the proper tools to do OUR JOB (for example: working trucks!!!) How can you expect a driver to go out and pull a route daily without a truck? Seriously, all that training and meetings you guys have, and you cant solve this issue? Because this is an ongoing dillemma. Also promotions are nonexistant, unless ofcourse you play favorites. Again it comes down to poor management and unprofessionalism. Management does as it pleases, and pick and choose who they want to advance and Equal Opportunity is obsolete for the rest of us. Its simply just the run around and the "policy card" they pull out when they see it fit and to cover their butts.....

Advice to Management

They wont listen anyways.... Been there/ Done that! Waste of my time.

Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services

1. "learn a lot but the company went thru many changes in a short period of time ( buyouts)"

Former Employee - Route Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Route Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

salary and benfits were good.Job was hard at times labor and mental exhuasting .which i enjoyed.

Cons

The weather was an enemy at times

Advice to Management

To listen to the employees. They are out there daily.

"Could be a lot better.."

Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Driver in Boston, MA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Close to home, I met a lot of good guys..

Cons

No respect for the work being done, favortism, lack of communication, pay, benefits etc.

Advice to Management

Get the right management, reward your employees not treat them like slaves!!! Why is it that Don Slager makes 3.6 million a year 14.1 million after stock options, payouts etc. Upon his death his family would receive 23 million dollars.!! Last year Republic made 591 million in profit but yet had told our division there would be no cookouts, no Christmas party because the company did not make a profit.. Oh and just a Fyi you know what we get for a Christmas bonus? Absolutely nothing a big goose egg. We work our butts off day in and day out to make Republic Services money without us Republic would be nothing. Some guys go to work stressed, depressed because of family situations, health etc.maybe Don Slaver should do an episode of undercover boss then he would feel and respect all the hard work that us as employees give to the company. I could ho on forever of giving advice, giving them ideas on how to grow as a company, but I ask myself why? What has this company done for us besides pay us for the work we are getting paid to do.