Republic Services - Good experience | Glassdoor

"Good experience"

Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid company that provides regular good training. Good opportunities for career advancement. Strong disposal facility network provides competitive advantages. Overall good management.

Cons

The largeness of the company has some definite disadvantages. Many specific strategic decisions are made at a high level and then forced down to local areas without local input.

Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services

"Poor corp policys"

Current Employee - Residential Driver in Bridgeton, MO
    Current Employee - Residential Driver in Bridgeton, MO

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay check, Good co-workers

Cons

Management with no common sense, good old boy club, no real room for advancement. Supervisor's only tell you what they have been told to tell you and can not make any decisions on their own. They are just there to pass out your time card and ride in your truck once a month. Other wise all they do is stand outside and smoke. Great use of company money.

Advice to Management

Talk to driver's before you make rediculous policy's. The new customer miss policy is bad for morale and bad for buisness. If a driver is setting outside a home and they are not out and call it in to dispatch how can you then give a miss to the driver when the customer calls in two hours later and say's they were out. If you want to go back and pick people up no matter what that is okay but to punish the driver with a miss is ludacrious. I got a miss one day because the customer didn't notice I had been there and didn't want to walk to the curb to check the cart so they called in. when I went back they had already taken the cart in the house. So we went back for nothing wasted fuel and time and I got punished with a miss. My Gm say's I won't get a disapline for it but it still counts on my miss total for the week.

How frustrated would you be if you had no control over if someone was out or not and you did everything right by calling them in when you got there or you already picked them up and at the end of the day you had to still explain to your boss why you got a miss on the account? How can I do good when you have set me up to fail no matter what I do?

When someone in a office dreams up such policy's without talking to driver's to see what the actual impact of such policy's would be it is laughable but something we have grown use to because it happens all the time. Maybe if you spent sometime talking with your front line people about the issues we have and face you would have a better understanding of what kind of policy's would work. We get told all the time we are the face of the company, that we know what is going on because we are out there but no one talks to us when it is time to make rules and policy's. We do have good ideas and we could make real common sense policys that better serve our customers and company if only you would listen.

2. "I had a very good experience."

Former Employee - Safety Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Safety Administrator in Orlando, FL

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere and the co-workers were great.

Cons

I don`t have anything to share.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work.