Republic Services - Good company in growth mode. Many great leaders in an industry which is very competitive but fulfilling. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

"Good company in growth mode. Many great leaders in an industry which is very competitive but fulfilling."

Former Employee - Division Human Resources Manager in Wayne, MI
Former Employee - Division Human Resources Manager in Wayne, MI

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to perform as a team member of a great group. Strong expertise at all levels of the organization.

Cons

While in a growth mode, possesses a few managers who make bad decisions which effect the well being of individuals and the group.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus, delegate the decisions and trust your good people to make great business decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services

1. "Thrown under the bus for reporting management issue to HR.""

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hourly, non-union hauling division. Great set of employees. Loved the teamwork. I absolutely loved this job.

Cons

Had 3 bosses or supervisors with equal rank. Final authority was with operations manager hundreds of miles away. He did not care to know anyone nor wanted to have anything but 'good numbers' come his away. Confusing structure. Wasn't like that when I started but went bad while being bought out by Republic. That might be the reason why they threw away the whistler and the crook at the same time. Painful lesson in ethics.

Advice to Management

Don't be so quick to circle the wagons around a sketchy manager against labor. Many laborers do care about their jobs and the shareholders (and much of labor are shareholders).

"Gained useful experience"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are descent.They paid a living wage/salary. It was a great first career for me and provided valuable business lessons. I would never see it as my forever career.

Cons

There were limitations on how far you could advance depending on how much time you were willing to give up with your family. As I value family more, I knew I wasn't going much further.

Advice to Management

You would get better, more qualified people in positions if a work/life balance was promoted.