Republic Services - Diamond in the rough. | Glassdoor

"Diamond in the rough."

Current Employee - Current Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Current Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Some really good people work here. A good diverse mix. People with alot of experience and drive to acheive more for the company and themselves. In this division the employees are a true "workforce". We do recieve Safety vest and gloves when we need them. And hats if they have them. Every now and then there's a cookout when we're done with our route. On doubledays there's pizza waiting for us when we get in from our route.

Cons

Rewards are thin. Praise for good work also trim. Pay does not match that of other companies that have smaller zones. Every now and then we are given speeches telling us how thankful we should be to have a job in this economy- and- if we don't like it here- there's the gate. Slim chance of getting training in front load or roll off- alot of hiring of outside. Not much of bonus system- a $25 gift card at Thanksgiving and Christmas and a $10 on your birthday. At Christmas there is a raffle for items such as dvd players to iPods etc. Rainsuits and Jackets are given out as Safety Rewards. Lack of Leadership Skills from frontline supervisors on how to relate to employees. The employees know the money saved goes to Managements bonuses. COLA is based on merit- 1%-5% based on merit-- No other raise given through the year. Being told that Chrismas gifts can be bought at Family Dollar because money is tight. It's true- just doesn't sound like a thing a Supervisor should say at a morning meeting.

Advice to Management

Take a look at this Division and how employees are treated. Profit is good but there are people on the back and behind the wheels and behind the desks of this Division that has families and deserve respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

Pros

health benefits, 401K, fast paced industry with an endless opportunity to learn new things. Customer interaction daily with on-going relationship building. Ideal for a people-person.

Cons

Operational follow-through is a challenge. Post merger communications and sense of stability lacking. No decision making abilities at divisional levels.

Advice to Management

Customer importance is key. If the customer is respected, the money will follow. Reputation is everything and employee morale is priceless.

2. "good benifets"

Former Employee - Fleet Mechanic in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Fleet Mechanic in Conroe, TX

Pros

good benifets compared to other co.

Cons

not likely to advace or recieve a raise

Advice to Management

raise pay for mechanics