Reputation.com - Great place to work, grow and have fun! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Reputation.com

"Great place to work, grow and have fun!"

Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Reputation.com for last 3.5 years across multiple locations (Redwood City, Tempe and India). The company offers great opportunity to work on interesting business, technology and engineering problems such as collecting and analyzing data from 100s of sources, dealing with ever exploding data, building high performance solutions and continuous integration and delivery of a huge number of services. We extend our SOA/micro services philosophy to how we manage our teams. If you like taking on end-to-end "ownership" from architecture, design, development, unit and integration testing to monitoring health of your services in production, this is the place for you! Working at Reputation.com offers you growth across all aspects of building software.

What I like most about my job at Reputation.com is to help our customers help their customers better.

The new Redwood City and Tempe offices are great collaborative workspaces. A game of ping pong once in a while is a great way to unwind and we have subsidized lunches 3 times a week!

I like the flexible work hours and working from home from time-to-time (of course with some overlapping work hours with rest of the team). It helps me work on my own schedule.

HR is more involved for the last 6 months and things are changing for better.

Executive team has the eyes on the ball and expect employees to take on more ownership.

Cons

Growing pains need to be managed better -- Sometimes everyone is focused on their own tasks that it's difficult to understand what's happening across the board. Being an agile and innovative company at times comes at a cost of dealing with some intermittent chaos. This has to be managed better with strictly streamlined processes and tools to help employees achieve their goals. Need to empower the teams to be more efficient and accountable so they can grow with the company. Hire more managers to help remove some roadblocks for employees so that they can run faster.

Other Employee Reviews for Reputation.com

1. "Fast paced environment with incredible growth prospects!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been an incredible learning experience so far working on exciting high profile client facing projects as the organization has now evolved into a mature start up. Senior management is super helpful, knowledgeable, mellow, easily approachable (flat hierarchical structure) and ensures that our efforts are governed by a well defined vector. If you have a knack of delving deeper into real world problems and being a core part of building projects for globally renowned clients in this fast paced fun environment with lots of growth prospects, then this is the place to be!
    Oh yes, lunch 3 times a week and free snack all round the clock!

Cons

None as of now .

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work guys of steering the growth graph upwards!

"Reputation.com -- great startup in with a fast growing product"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dealing with lots of new technology.
    New office location with beautiful bay views.
    Open office -- no one, not even the CEO has an office -- everyone has the same electric standing/sitting desk
    Buddha Lounge -- a low light, no talking room for working, meditating or napping -- one of the many great things the new HR Director has done!
    Pool table/Ping Pong table
    Catered lunch every Wednesday with a wide variety of cuisines always with a vegetarian and salad option, paid lunch credit 2 more days a week
    Opportunity to work in the social media domain which is thought to be the next big thing.
    A mature startup that is well-funded but still in high growth mode so there are a lot of fun projects to do
    Open and relatively unpolitical organization, everyone is upfront with each other.
    Lots of diversity in the workforce and it is clearly valued.
    Dungeons and Dragons game every other Wednesday evening.

Cons

Hard not to gain weight with all the free snacks!
    Location is a bit off the beaten track if you like to go out a lot for lunch, though there is an on site cafeteria.
    There's so much fun stuff to do it's easy to forget the work / life balance
    The wilder days of being a young startup are gone, as we go through the necessary growth pangs of having a tad more structure -- keep it light.

Advice to Management

Identify the rock stars at all levels at be sure to reward them well -- Reputation.com is still small and growing and the contributions of key performers will make a big difference.
    Keep the startup culture going and avoid the trap of adding too much control and structure like most companies do as they grow.