Reputation.com - I was so excited to work here- so interesting! But management just doesn't care about you or the failing product. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Reputation.com

"I was so excited to work here- so interesting! But management just doesn't care about you or the failing product."

Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales Executive in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location in a beautifully designed building.
All the snacks and drinks you can eat, free lunch, great healthcare benefits
Nice colleagues who work hard: everyone outside of management is trying to do their best despite the company culture and product issues
Fun quarterly sales dinners
Cool industry, interesting clients and stories
Self rewarding for clients you are able to help

Cons

All of upper management left in 2012/2013.

False promises: convincing people to stay under false pretenses, offer salary increases and then redacting, hiring people into certain positions and then removing them.

Unrealistic expectations: not providing the resources that employees need to do their jobs. Account managers managing 4-500 accounts with tons of manual work - nothing is automated. Understaffed writing/editing team as well as fulfillment teams >> very poor product offering. Most things are outsourced to people in the cloud for the lowest price possible instead of building technology from the ground up to make things work.....lots of duck tape everywhere you look.

Continuous Pivoting: new products all the time with no roadmap for actual implementation or scalability or training to sell/use the products.

Overpromising to desperate clients who have no where else to turn, charging them tons, and then not delivering on engagements with no remorse. I'd very confidently say there is a 30% efficacy rate.

No communication: literally 0. No one knows the direction of the company, who is working on what, what is most important, when there are new product releases, when there are management changes. There is no communication for individual teams, no training, no continued educations, no sales meetings, no notification of commission plan changes. I literally had money retroactively taken out of my paycheck, a month AFTER they notified us of a change in the commission plan.

No work culture: Just go to work, work as best you can with what you have, go home.

Terrible politics: When an organization is fundamentally failing the claws come out. Everyone is out for themselves with little regard for others or their careers. This is Reputation.com 100%. Be really good at navigating the right people or flying under the radar of mid-management.

They are looking for an exit: Upper management is working very hard to make the financials look as good as possible so someone (I'm not sure who!) will buy them/ they can IPO....whatever. It's abundantly clear everywhere you turn that they just don't care about renewal rates, quality products, efficacy, or employees.

Let's not forget the lawsuits: they have had a class action lawsuit brought against them.

I promise without a doubt that the glowing reviews are faked......let's not forget what Reputation.com does to make money.

Overall: Work here if you really need a job, you'll make it out just fine and this is a brand name firm almost so it can help you to move up in Silicon Valley when you do leave. Don't work here if you have options and are looking for a long term career / career growth.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what to say....
 Communicate openly. Develop transparency. Teach your employees, let them grow with you. Ditch some of the product offerings and make the ones that stick really good.

Your clients need your help, not crap 100 word bios written by someone in Thailand that they have to edit themselves. Invest in your people, narrow your focus, hold each other accountable, don't over expect and underpay.

Develop consistent products for your highest paying clientele and have the staff to manage and fulfill their accounts - without doing this you are making it really tough on your employees and taking advantage of your clients when they are already in a really bad situation.

Other Employee Reviews for Reputation.com

"Should be avoided."

Former Employee - Writer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Writer in New York, NY

I worked at Reputation.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The reason I approached them as an employer is that the 'concept' was good. The actual service is simply NOT what it is promoted to be and borders on the unethical. I noticed many people listed the perks (catered lunches, etc.) but this only goes so far. Again, I think this is part of the company 'it looks good' model, which the actual day-to-day process does not live up to by far.

Cons

Their own words speak better than anything I might offer. From a recent employment ad:

"Reputation.com, Inc., is seeking a Web Content Editor to our growing publication team in Tempe. In this role you, work closely with our team of in-house writers and will help the publication team maintain high quality standards for client content while adhering to weekly quota and quality guidelines. As the Editor , you will also collaborate closely with our California-based team of senior editors..."

For competent editors or writers seeking a positive employment experience, do you see a problem(s) here? It does not stop there, either. In England, as a writer, one must speak "British." Not British English, or know the difference between American and British English, but >speak< British.

For those still interested, realize if you do take a job, the whole thing is going to be mill or factory oriented. Plan to use it for what it is worth and do not take any criticism they give you seriously. If you can do that, you will likely be successful.

"It feels like home"

Current Employee - Web Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Web Development Specialist

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learn something new everyday! When I settle in to my office chair and fire up the laptop in the morning I'm ready to tackle my daily tasks like it's my own business and what I do actually matters. We're given enough freedom to feel like we're part of the team. I knew I'd love the work itself because it falls within my skill set. We get lunch provided by the company everyday, stellar benefits, and a decent salary. This company is growing by leaps and bounds and I am looking forward to the future!

Cons

I haven't experienced any challenges and if I do at some point the pros will outweigh any potential cons.