ResCare - Worst. Life sucking, soul sucking employer. Stay away! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

"Worst. Life sucking, soul sucking employer. Stay away!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Case Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO and that's it, nothing else.

Cons

Everything. No raises in 5+ years even though the state of MO has been paying a cost of living increase of 3% EVERY year to ResCare, not one penny has gone to staff or consumers. We have to use the lowest quality products from processed food to generic cleaners due to ResCare's desire to pay upper management in KY top salaries while everyone else suffers. They tell us daily we are all replaceable. No respect, no care. It would be better to work at a gas station than here!

Advice to Management

Start caring for and about the people we are paid (very well) by each state to care for and treat the employees who do the actual work that make you the money like first rate people and pay more than minimum wage with shitty benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for ResCare

"low pay lots of work"

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

co-workers They will work with your schedule most of the time. causal work attire

Cons

Low pay no raises ever! no one seems to know why there are no raises and upper management will just tell you that you are replaceable. Seems to be a revolving door of staff. You can work really hard and it doesn't matter. They play favorites and i'm sure life is good if your one of the chosen ones. They make promises they never intend to keep. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. My advice do not apply to work here.

Advice to Management

Give credit where credit is due. Pay people what they are worth.

"Terrible"

Current Employee - In Home Supports in Goodland, KS
    Current Employee - In Home Supports in Goodland, KS

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none really other then helping people who need you

Cons

I have been working here for almost 7 years and I can not remember a raise ever. I only stay because of the individuals I help. Management is poor, if your not sucking up you get thrown to the side. I am out of this company as soon as I find another job. Thats the other thing they know when you need a job and use that to their advantage. They threaten your job to get you to do things you know are wrong.