ResCare - Worst. Life sucking, soul sucking employer. Stay away! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

"Worst. Life sucking, soul sucking employer. Stay away!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Case Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO and that's it, nothing else.

Cons

Everything. No raises in 5+ years even though the state of MO has been paying a cost of living increase of 3% EVERY year to ResCare, not one penny has gone to staff or consumers. We have to use the lowest quality products from processed food to generic cleaners due to ResCare's desire to pay upper management in KY top salaries while everyone else suffers. They tell us daily we are all replaceable. No respect, no care. It would be better to work at a gas station than here!

Advice to Management

Start caring for and about the people we are paid (very well) by each state to care for and treat the employees who do the actual work that make you the money like first rate people and pay more than minimum wage with shitty benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for ResCare

"Terrible"

Current Employee - In Home Supports in Goodland, KS
    Current Employee - In Home Supports in Goodland, KS

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none really other then helping people who need you

Cons

I have been working here for almost 7 years and I can not remember a raise ever. I only stay because of the individuals I help. Management is poor, if your not sucking up you get thrown to the side. I am out of this company as soon as I find another job. Thats the other thing they know when you need a job and use that to their advantage. They threaten your job to get you to do things you know are wrong.

2. "Started out great, but they really didn't seem to care about employees."

Former Employee - Direct Care Professional in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Direct Care Professional in Mesa, AZ

I worked at ResCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was able to get certified and began working fairly fast. The training program was extremely minimal and the material had to have been 20 years old. But I was already experienced with special needs children at the time, so it wasn't really a big deal. Pay was ok.

Cons

Hours were impossible to get. The management was thoughtless, rude, and demanded money for things even though they were not paying me. A few of the lower-management people I was in contact with, were nice, and when I finally told them I wasn't going to get re-certified since the hours were impossible to get, I kept getting bombarded with "GET RE-CERTIFIED OR ELSE" type letters and calls... I just stopped responding.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees. Make them feel like their are actually needed and wanted, rather than treat them like nothing.