ResCare - My experience at ResCare Was Exciting, I learn a lot | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

"My experience at ResCare Was Exciting, I learn a lot"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Jamaica, NY
Former Employee - Maintenance in Jamaica, NY

I worked at ResCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My best time at ResCare id doing what I love that's cleaning maintain a building and environment

Cons

Working at ResCare a lot of gossiping goes on.

Advice to Management

Upper Management is really helpful

Other Employee Reviews for ResCare

"Wonderful experience with staff and patients...no raises!!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff, patients & families are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Office managers do not have their stuff together. Low pay. No raises even after years is ridiculous. Who wants to stay with a company with no incentives. This also hurts the patients and families, getting close with their nurse & having to get a new one right away ecause ResCare can not keep nurses. WHY AREN'T THE PATIENT, FAMILIES OR THE STAFF WORTH IT??????? Would save on the hiring process if they gave any kind of raise to keep the good Nurses they do have. Health Ins. is awful and expensive.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together...give yourself a reputable name...no one likes working with or for a company without one.

"SOS.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Residential Manager in Lufkin, TX
    Current Employee - Residential Manager in Lufkin, TX

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great clients, which is the only reason that keeps you committed.

Cons

Limited resources to maintain a favorable environment for the clients, they deserve to participate in more activities, to venture out and be exposed to the community. Office management is not held accountable; a lot of inconsistencies when it comes to directives. Lack of communication. Unrealistic expectations. Very much short handed with Direct Care Staff which entailed the RD to work many, many, many hours in the home, with little or no support from the QDIP and the ED. The DCS does not stay, which the clients are not having any stability with who is in their home. No incentives, no increase in pay, poor salary. Does not recognize or give any positive feed back for achievements or accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Regional and/or Headquarters need to send a team in for observation un-announced in order to get an idea of the operation. To ascertain, that the company's mission statement and expectations are being followed through accordingly. This might give them a better insight to whether or not changes may need to take place.