ResCare - Interesting | Glassdoor

"Interesting"

Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Beckley, WV
Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Beckley, WV

I have been working at ResCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel like I am making a difference in the consumers lives. When I get them to smile or accomplish something it makes everything worth it. This job is so fulfilling.

Cons

I feel like we do not get paid enough for what we do. I also really do not like that we lose people a lot. My manager does not seem to care about the consumers or the staff. It's sometimes really hard to deal with staff.

Other Employee Reviews for ResCare

"I think they are a good company to work for, I would not say great but certainly good."

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have many resources, and training is very important for staff development. I love my position and working for the company.

Cons

The health care offered is terrible and the wages paid to staff are very low for the labor market.

Advice to Management

ResCare needs to increase the salary paid to staff and consider raises and bonuses in order to keep quality staff. Hiring less staff and paying them more is better than more staff and paying them less because eventually the valuable staff will move on.

"MInimal Pay"

I have been working at ResCare full-time

Pros

Being able to make a difference in the lives of the developmentally disabled consumers that we serve.

Cons

Sub-standard wages, with no raises in over 8 years. While the cost of living has sky-rocketed, ResCare has not provided it's employees even a cost of living raise in over 8 years. Upper management has a tendency to show favoritism to certain departments over others and tends to ignore major issues that arise, by 'brushing them under the rug.' Unable to recruit quality, dependable, reliable and qualified employees, due to poor wages and no opportunity for raises.

Advice to Management

Begin providing yearly cost of living raises, to allow employees to at least live above the poverty level.