ResCare - You will love the clients, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

"You will love the clients,"

Current Employee - DSP in Springfield, TN
Current Employee - DSP in Springfield, TN

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with some really amazing clients. There are always extra hours to pick up. If you work the week on/week off schedule it is GREAT!

Cons

No increase in pay in over 7 years. Benefits are horrible. You're better off to be on your spouses plan or government assisted program.

Other Employee Reviews for ResCare

"This line of work is my passion but the companies are not"

Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Evansville, IN

I have been working at ResCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was better for the weekends.The PC was always there to answer your calls and help out even for the smallest things. The company reimburses you for outings. The individuals are well taken care of medically and are provided with things they need. The individuals appreciate you despite the high turnover rate

Cons

I applied for a management position and was given are regular care staff position.Although I got paid more for the weekends I had to work 12=14 hour shifts. Its not healthy to be in such a stressful environment, with lives in your hands, for that long. orientation training is good but the in home training was not. I felt that i was thrown into alot of things. You have a time period to wait before you can be promoted, or transfer houses. My complaint about the company itself goes hand in hand with the quality of staff hired. The house I worked in had staff that were emotionally abusive to my clients. i.e. cussing at them or in front of them, raising voice, threatening to take away things or worse, being rude. The staff were turned in but nothing was done and I am outraged. During the investigation interview my accusations were wrote off as being "stern" and treating them like adults by the management. I have spoken with other homes and it is WELL known how the staff treat our individuals in my particular home. I am not new to this field of work and I know the line between abuse and sternness. The staff in my home are not supportive of each other and catty but alas when you put all females in a home its what you should expect. I am leaving the company due to the conflict with my moral and ethical values.

Advice to Management

Abuse is abuse no matter how you sugar coat it. Pay close attention when you hire people, not everyone is cut out for this line of work.

"Hard work, low pay, no real benefits"

Former Employee - Direct Care Staff in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Direct Care Staff in Denver, CO

I worked at ResCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff were great to work with, and ofcourse the individuals we served were such a joy. It was nice having friday through sunday off.

Cons

Lack of money to buy activities for site activities. Low pay for employees with no offer of raises..period...we were told they dont give raises. Health insurance was offered but cost so much that nobody actually got it. High turn over rate because of the poor pay. Felt bad for the clients.

Advice to Management

Spend some money and give your facilities an overhaul. Offer incentives for staff to stay with the company, raises would be nice and seriously look into better medical benefits for employees that are more affordable!