ResCare - Decent place to work | Glassdoor

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor
Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice to know you're helping someone on a daily basis, I love my clients and its a very rewarding job to have. If you're looking for an average job from 9am to 5pm this is a great choice

Cons

Stressful work environment, they are a kentucky based company so do not expect any raises. Be prepared to handle a high amount of stress and making decisions that can directly effect people in a negative way.

Advice to Management

Give out raises!!! People who work for this company are extremely underpaid for what they do on a daily basis

Other Employee Reviews for ResCare

"Love the kids"

I have been working at ResCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The kids make you laugh everyday

Cons

Pay, no raises, and horrible insurance

Advice to Management

Please work on a better benefit package for employees they deserve it. They give you their all (most of them ).

"Support from supervisors and upper management"

Current Employee - House Lead
    Current Employee - House Lead

I have been working at ResCare full-time

Pros

Having the opportunity to work with the lovable clients who make a good living for upper management. Direct care workers are paid a little above minimum wage. People who assist others to live a life should make twice the amount they make. It is not easy to find people who can actually care for other people and help them live a better life rather than being in an institution.

Cons

There isn't any support. If problems occur and you follow the chain of command you still get nowhere. Double talk and accusations are all you can expect to receive when you present a problem to management. The problems lies with how you "perceive it". I say this because I went to upper management with an issue of a supervisor disrespecting me and I was told I "perceived " it wrong. I am an educated person and know unprofessional ism when I see it and I know when I am being talked down to. The problems still exist because they are covered by double talk and double standards. A supervisor can disrespect lead or a direct care worker but neither one can disrespect a supervisor. that is what management at ResCare does.

Advice to Management

Please have as much consideration for direct care workers as you do a supervisor or higher management position. Please stop treating the only people who stick with the company because they love their job so badly.