Research Foundation of State University New York - Great opportunities to do interesting things in a great environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Research Foundation of State University New York

"Great opportunities to do interesting things in a great environment"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Amherst, NY
Current Employee - Research Scientist in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Research Foundation of State University New York full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environments
Good pay
Freedom to innovate
There are always smart people around that keep you motivated

Cons

Constant stress because grant end dates always looming

Other Employee Reviews for Research Foundation of State University New York

1. "Pay For School...Yes, Please"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Albany, NY

I have been working at Research Foundation of State University New York full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting paid to get a graduate degree, tuition covered plus a decent, though not luxurious, living expense. Networking opportunities in your field.

Cons

Red tape and bureaucracy can be a real pain in the side. Some heavy-handed decisions by higher-ups. It's grad school, on someone's funding, so advisement can be hit-or-miss - I had a nice guy for an adviser, but I was worked to the bone, and he wasn't too useful in the job search.

Advice to Management

Cut the red tape and the paperwork. Please.

2. "I get a salary to get my PhD, and the department pays for my classes. I can't complain."

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Research Foundation of State University New York full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, makes it affordable to live in Long Island and go to school.

Cons

The paperwork is a little silly, and direct payment isn't always an easy process.