Research Now - It is a fast paced, professional environment that requires a lot of focus from its employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Research Now

"It is a fast paced, professional environment that requires a lot of focus from its employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Depending on department, there can be a lot of flexibility in schedule. The benefits are pretty good. Though the company is large, it is still a very social environment. There is a 'secondement' program which allows individuals to move for a few months to various office locations around the world.

Cons

There aren't many opportunities for growth within the company itself.
Very performance driven, often at the cost of employee work/life balance.
Salaries are generally lower than market.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth... create a structure that provides for more movement, and personal development.

Other Employee Reviews for Research Now

"Demanding, fast-paced"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX

Pros

Some of the team members are great to work with

Cons

limited promotion opportunities
    Little management support
    Little positive feedback on job performance

2. "Many great years at RN, and now is the right time for me to move on"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Research Now full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Research Now enabled me to change my career and start again, not a lot of companies can offer such a smooth transition and a fantastic career path. Of course you have to work hard, this is one of the core values "Work Hard, Play Hard." Poor reviews of RN I've seen on Glass Door include concerns about limited growth and development opportunities, which is nonsense. You can clearly see the employees who work hard and go above the safe boundaries of their job description are rewarded and do progress inline with their career aspirations.

The benefits are great, there is a comprehensive pension and healthcare plan, a lot of training opportunities including funding for professional qualifications plus working from home and flexible working opportunities. You can get funding support for your season ticket and a new benefit is that everyone gets their birthday day off! Plus there is free fruit, drinks/snacks and socialising every 2nd Friday, a gym, free milk/tea/coffee and the reception staff often provide treats or fun games during holidays like Easter eggs, advent calendars and ice creams in the summer.

There is a real open door policy in EMEA and when management say come and speak to me, they absolutely mean it. There is no stuffy hierarchy in London. Everyone is friendly, I've made some life long friends at RN.

The opportunity to travel for work if your job requires it of course. Meeting staff from different countries was such a bonus for me, to learn about their culture and the way they work.

A relaxed dress code, jeans and jumpers - I'm going to miss that!

I had a lot of autonomy in my role, and that might be in part due to my excellent manager. It allowed me to be creative and think out of the box and try new things which made my work challenging and dare I say it, sometimes fun!

Cons

Managers are often promoted due to longevity in the organisation, regardless of their skills as a leader. It's precisely the managers who need training the most who don't come to it. There are many great managers at RN but there are also a few who are too comfortable with their position and salary. They can't seem to accept the world is changing and that they need to continue developing their skills to be great leaders. The affects of these poor managers is one of the key contributing factors towards the sad and exhausted culture which is threatening to grow at RN.

US control. This is truly the one aspect of working at RN that I could never come to terms with. RN is a US owned company, I get it - and subsequently all the decisions are made in the US with very little (if any) input from other regions. It got better at one time, but recently the tightening of the reigns has become much worse. Control! Everything needs to be controlled, it seems that there isn't much trust in the talents and intelligence of employees outside of Plano.

Advice to Management

Involve key stakeholders in decisions that affect their teams/region from the very beginning. Seek feedback and take your time when implementing new systems or processes. RN has always had a tendency to rush things out the door to band aid problems, which invariably causes new/worse problems.
    None of the big initiatives I was ever a part of had a designated project manager, someone who takes full accountability for the success of these projects and for their failure. When their is no accountability, there is no buy-in, people don't care and roll out's fail or become much harder to complete then they should.

Implement a mid-manager level group of employees in EMEA who actively go out to the business and understand the pain points and how to make the culture in EMEA strong and positive like it used to be.