Responsys - Great team to work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Responsys

"Great team to work with"

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Public company led by a dynamic, intelligent, charming individual who continues to lead and look forward, even after taking the company public. A lot of CEO's take the place public and then leave for new frontiers, but ours has stayed and continues to lead and look for ways to improve and further our success.

Cons

Rapid growth has led to increasing problems in the personnel infrastructure as groups struggle to accommodate the larger customer base and its accompanying problems. Management struggles to keep abreast of the new challenges, and team members feel overwhelmed and as if they will never attain balance again. Caseloads increase and problems grow more complex. It is a challenging environment to all.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, focus on training employees and nurturing their careers rather than discouraging growth and interdepartmental movement.

Other Employee Reviews for Responsys

1. "Excellent work environment for motivated individuals!"

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Upon joining the Responsys team, I made a few immediate observations: everyone here is bright, everyone is driven, and everyone is a team player. That being said, my onboarding process at Responsys was quite positive, as I felt I had a tremendous amount of support in getting fully ramped up. After speaking with nearly every individual on the sales floor, I felt I had an endless amount of resources at my fingertips. There is a sense of pride and accomplishment that my colleagues carry that consistently inspires me to work hard and achieve results. I feel the pressure to do well here, but the right amount of pressure can be a good thing- and this type is the empowering kind, because ultimately, everyone is here to be successful and achieve a common goal.

Cons

At times I feel bad for utilizing my lunch break, because it seems people often eat at their desk and rarely take a break to get fresh air outside. The office also feels a bit like a dungeon, as it is on the dark side and has a full cubicle layout.

Advice to Management

During the onboarding process, a ton of material is thrown at the new hire. Meeting with every individual during the first week takes away from some of the valuable resources/tools provided, so spreading these meetings out over a two week window would be more manageable. A review of the most important prospecting tools post first and second week training would be valuable.

"Smart people, but not such smart comp plans"

Former Employee - Strategic Consultant
    Former Employee - Strategic Consultant

I worked at Responsys full-time

Pros

There are a lot of talented people - hard working & motivated.

Cons

They are stingy on comp, stock and there is no bonus plan for regular employees (outside of sales)

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Don't think like an ad agency, think like a consulting firm.