Restaurant Technologies - Watch Your Back | Glassdoor

"Watch Your Back"

Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the beginning it was a great company to work for, But everything changed once the founder left, and the company was being run by the current ceo.

Cons

As as service tech we worked Long irregular hours, 50-70 per week. Time off between shifts sometimes was only 5 hours. Our tools were inadequate to properly perform the job. The equipment installed was substandard. We were forced to be on call without being compensated for it. Management has no loyalty to the employees, local management is deceptive and mistreats employees and Upper Management and Corporate let it happen.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, and do a better job of hiring your managers. I worked for you for 10 years and my record was impeccable. But I was fired because of blatant lies told by the new service manager. When I called corporate no one would take my call, and when I did finally get thru I was told there was nothing they can do.

Other Employee Reviews for Restaurant Technologies

"If you care about representing a solution you can stand behind, RTI is the place to be."

Current Employee - NAS in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - NAS in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Robust solutions for the food industry
    Amazing client base and room for growth
    Talented, engaged and smart teammates
    Access to Top Management
    Transparency and Accountability at all levels of the organization

Cons

A growing company will have growing pains- flexibility is critical to you doing well here
    Sometimes communication doesn't make it everywhere it needs to go the first time around, but it will eventually get there
    Matrix organization is interesting and can be a challenge to navigate if you have not been in one before

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on providing the support and tools to let us sales people grow the business.
    Keep generating ideas for improvement and implementing- it is great to see us moving and penetrating those key accounts!

"loved the customer contact"

Current Employee - Master Driver in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Master Driver in Waukesha, WI

Pros

growing company, good pay , vacation days, 4 day work week. lots of overtime. good co workers. and clean trucks.and being by yourself .

Cons

working in the cold, snow trying ti pull waste oil. working for someone that doesnt appreciate the long hours. working for someone that doesnt put in a whole works and has other people do his work. working for someone that comes to work in his pja's. working for someone that expects so much out of his workers and so little from himself

Advice to Management

waukesha employees are good people. manager brings everybody down. makes job security a daily thing. never feel safe. management change needed there.