Restaurant.com - great while it lasted because its future is really uncertain | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Restaurant.com

"great while it lasted because its future is really uncertain"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Business Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great business Model, Great benefits, Great bonuses until 2012 when the company laid off the sales force.
Freedom to work on your own
You used get support from the entire team.
POsitive environment as long as you hit your numbers, lots of appreciation.

Cons

They laid off the entire sales force,
New CEO changed the entire business mentality and Company started sinking.
New CEO is a Doctor and Attorney and has no clue how to operate a marketing company.
No base No benefits since July 2012
They make you learn and memorize a script like robots.
No career opportunities, I joined the company because they offered me many opportunities to become a manager or a field trainer. I busted my rear and never gave me that option. Instead they laid off the entire sales force.

Advice to Management

Management was great, really cool people to work for, VP and Regional Managers always very supportive and motivating.
Not much of micromanagement as long as you are responsible and achieve your goals.
No advice because there is no management any longer, everyone has been laid off.

Other Employee Reviews for Restaurant.com

"Best place to get burned out quickly"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is small and the sales floor has dim lighting. It can be quiet at times and the lighting can be soothing for the high demand and stress of the work. They have bagels on Wednesdays and fruit on Fridays. There is a basket of apples at the front counter every day.

Cons

But don't let this fool you. The pay scale is lower than the national average for the postion. If you break trend for anything longer then a bathroom break you are asked not to take any breaks at all. Every phone call, email, and follow up item are monitored and then criticized. The bonus package is paid out over six separate pay checks, or 3 months and turnover is huge.

Advice to Management

The advice I have for you to pay closer attention to restaurant owners and their feedback.

"Restaurant.com Hires Employees to Slash and Burn"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young atmosphere, mostly college grads. HR has a "fun committee" that tries to host activities through out the week. Restaurant.com offers a great service to restaurant owners if you can get them to sign up or stay on the program. The office space is growing and clean compared to other call centers I've worked.

Cons

My department is a new department, yet they pretend they have been doing this forever but they're not fooling more seasoned sales professionals. Lots of immaturity, gossip and favoritism. Training was weak considering they were still testing out sales methodology, scripts and work flow. Management never around and didn't really have a clue. Felt like they were being told what to say to us.

Advice to Management

Give sales reps a proper ramp up time to build pipelines, prospect and develop relationships with business owners before putting your employees on pip programs. Sales people don't sell well when job is on the line, especially when they are your guinea pig testing new pitches. Market better to restaurant owners to develop warm relationships and work on PR. Restaurant.com doesn't have a good reputation with restaurant owners.