Restoration Hardware - My experience at restoration hardware taught me alot about customer service and attention to small details. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware

"My experience at restoration hardware taught me alot about customer service and attention to small details."

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate
Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate

Pros

The managers really encourage feedback from all employees of all levels. You work together as a team as opposed to on commission. The store is beautiful and plays calming music. The discount is GREAT!

Cons

It isn't a retail with so much traffic. Hence, the time goes by kind of slow. The customers can be very pick (which is to be expercted- they are investing in expensive furniture.) The computer ordering system is kind of a pain.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering the open environment for feedback from all employees. It is crucial! I think that there could be more of a training process for employees. There is alot to know. The computer system for placing customer orders is also very inconvenient.

Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware

1. "Politics, politics, drama and gossip."

Pros

Benefits package and a job.

Cons

Drama. Gossip. Politics. Incompetence. Miscommunication. Hurt feelings.

Advice to Management

When dissatisfaction is expressed to leadership you will be blasted on a social networking site. You will then be talked about in each department. Everyone will look down on you and your supervisor will be biased against you. This place has nothing but politics and drama. Everyone complains and nothing can get done. Knowledge of the products? That's a joke. It takes a month or so just to get some information on a doorknob. Everything arrives broken. You are so unsupported that you feel like your own supervisor. I can't wait to get out of this place. My advice is to completely overhaul leadership. Get some people in there who care and are not inhumane. Stop the gossiping and follow your own rules. If texting is banned on the job, why does my supervisor and lead do it? Companies lead by example and this one is not setting a good one. If you want a job you'll hate, work here.

"Tough place to work"

Current Employee - V P
    Current Employee - V P

Pros

Good reputation & great merchandise

Cons

Sr. Mgmnt makes "every" decision

Advice to Management

Let people do the jobs they were hired to do