Restoration Hardware - Fun when busy. | Glassdoor

"Fun when busy."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Values. Work around nice products and trade people.

Cons

Need better training and defined goals for a career path.

Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware

1. "I had a wonderful experience working at Restoration Hardware in Wauwatosa, WI."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Restoration Hardware part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helpful customer service, great management and learned how to coordinate merchandise displays. The company did a wonderful job re-branding their stores and changing their overall design.

Cons

There really isn't a great training system in place- I learned a lot by paying attention to fellow employees and asked a lot of questions.

"Be prepared to work with very little resources, staff, pay, and all other aspects in order to not accomplish the objecti"

Former Employee - Sales Leader in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in Richmond, VA

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pros really, except for maybe the 40% off discount, which really means nothing as the mark up on the products are extremely enormous and they still profit off of your purchase.

Cons

Too many to list....Short staffed, under paid, terrible infrastructure, horrible inventory practices and systems.....If your name is Gary(CEO) than you are in good shape. Invite him to your crappy apartment and he will show up in a nice, fancy, expensive Aston Martin. In plain jane words, you work your ass off and the CEO reaps all of the rewards. People first is one of their core values and they definitely have steered away from that over the past few years.

Advice to Management

Stop hiding behind the stockroom door and get out on the floor and manage you people to be successful. My boss used to stay behind closed doors all day, a bit shady I think. Amazing to me that the highest paid person in the store sits down all day behind closed doors, I wonder what they are doing, answer is, NOTHING.