Restoration Hardware - For the first time in my life, I am sad on days that I can't go to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware

"For the first time in my life, I am sad on days that I can't go to work."

Current Contractor - Studio Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA
Current Contractor - Studio Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Restoration Hardware because management constantly makes me feel like my work is vital to the success of the company. I really enjoy working in such a creative environment. My work is always interesting and almost never repetitive. I feel like the day I got this job was a pivotal point in my life.

Cons

I have a brutal commute but that is not Restoration Hardwares fault. I plan on moving for this job and I love my house.

Advice to Management

Promote me.

Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware

1. "Loved working for this company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY

I worked at Restoration Hardware part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People on my team were great to work with,we became like family.That enviroment of working in the galleries was wonderful and exciting to see the new items coming in.Not that fast paced so you had time to really learn the pieces and work with clients.

Cons

Pay could have been higher. Not that much room for advancement.

"Great culture, great potential"

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at RH is life changing and if it's aligned with your personality/beliefs, you will be happy here. This is a unique environment--innovative, fast-paced, challenging, chaotic and, at times, confusing. If you are someone who is flexible, open minded, outgoing and eager to learn new things, you will most likely enjoy being here.

Average benefits package, lots of caring leadership, beautiful work spaces at home office and plenty of exposure to interesting areas of the business. People are generally very friendly and helpful. The people working in the galleries and outlets are fantastic--truly talented, warm and intelligent.

Cons

Some systems are slightly out-dated. Technology is becoming more important, but has not been previously.

Advice to Management

Consider where you are--you're in the Bay Area. How can you modify things at RH to remain competitive and become an industry leader in attracting and retaining talent? Be innovative with benefits. Encourage flexibility in schedules. Make sure all people at home office have access to the same perks.