Retail Business Development - Wish I had done this sooner | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Retail Business Development

"Wish I had done this sooner"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex Schedule. I don't have to stare at the same four walls of a warehouse, building or office. Pay and recognition for individual and team achievement. Great company culture that is developing us to be leaders. I've been here a couple of months and have seen a change in how I have looked at bosses in the past. At RBD, they are giving me events, tools, and opportunity. My manager equips me and my team, gives us freedom to be ourselves and helps us get to where we want to go. We've already grown into other cities since I've been here and my team crushes our sales every month and we get paid very nice commissions, bonuses and have sales contests all the time. We're given tablets or laptops -- my last job made me buy a smart phone.

Cons

No direct deposit, but I hear that's changing. Organization structure is a bit different and I have to go to my manager for everything, but she's good and makes sure all that I ask for is followed up on.

Advice to Management

please get direct deposit as soon as possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Retail Business Development

"Good experience in retail position where i have to work at walmart store to sell vonage."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fantastic place to work where average 2 to 3000 people come to store.

Cons

never had experience with sales and this was my first job as a sales person where i talk to 2 to 3000 people at store.

Advice to Management

benefits, compensation and salary.

"Not a company to work for long-term. Good for quick part-time job."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Paso, TX

I worked at Retail Business Development part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on product you have to sell, you can receive sales-based commission.

Cons

Manager has to oversell job, it is true they pay a base-salary plus commission, but manager will let you go if you don't sell. I sold products for Vonage VoIP; Products are hard to sell since the market for home phones is very scarce. You have to market to low-income families, and mislead them at times. Long-distance plans are cheap the first months, then the price increases substantially, if the customer returns the product you do not get the commission for the sale.

Advice to Management

Do not mislead employees in regards to sales-based commission. Do better market research and place employees in areas where they are better suited to succeed and sell.