Retail Business Development - fast paced, short term job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Retail Business Development

"fast paced, short term job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Retail Business Development part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fast paced job that never gets dull as you're constantly meeting new people
RBD values bilingual employees

Cons

no upperward mobility. this positions are limited and you don't want to make a career of this. Great for the summer or while looking for a long term position.

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Retail Business Development

1. "Wish I had done this sooner"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex Schedule. I don't have to stare at the same four walls of a warehouse, building or office. Pay and recognition for individual and team achievement. Great company culture that is developing us to be leaders. I've been here a couple of months and have seen a change in how I have looked at bosses in the past. At RBD, they are giving me events, tools, and opportunity. My manager equips me and my team, gives us freedom to be ourselves and helps us get to where we want to go. We've already grown into other cities since I've been here and my team crushes our sales every month and we get paid very nice commissions, bonuses and have sales contests all the time. We're given tablets or laptops -- my last job made me buy a smart phone.

Cons

No direct deposit, but I hear that's changing. Organization structure is a bit different and I have to go to my manager for everything, but she's good and makes sure all that I ask for is followed up on.

Advice to Management

please get direct deposit as soon as possible.

2. "Advancement Opportunities and Great People"

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work. Great people. Room for advancement. Promotions based on performance.

Retail Business Development is a great place to start a career. I was a recent college graduate when I started working at RBD. I have learned more in the year that I have been with the company than I did in 4 years of college. I am not saying that college didn’t prepare me for the job, because it did, but rather that I learned how to work with people, communication, interpersonal skills, leadership; all the things that are learned rather than taught.

Cons

Communication between departments could be better. Last minute decisions that can lead to more issues than they are meant to fix.

Advice to Management

Foster an atmosphere that appreciates open communication between departments.