Retail Information Systems - The job was very needed but almost too good to be true, and it was too good to be true. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Retail Information Systems

"The job was very needed but almost too good to be true, and it was too good to be true."

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Houston, TX

Pros

The job was easy and there were very few people you had to answer to. Over all the work was boring and monotonous but still very easy. The office is very nice and everybody that works there is nice.

Cons

Training was awful. There was none. We were thrown into our positions with little more then a piece of paper that said what to do. The job itself was extremely boring and made the days last long. We were fired after two weeks of work, on the basis that we were "texting and browsing" however there were no formal warning or write ups. There was no paperwork upon being terminated and there when paperwork was requested they said that they had no legal obligation to give reasons for termination in writing. my suspicions were correct in this being a TEMPORARY position. We were hired on due to the needs of the company and when they were fulfilled we were LET GO. if you're looking for job security, DO NOT WORK AS A MARKETING ASSISTANT!!!

Advice to Management

Be upfront with the people you interview, I was very clear in asking if this was a temporary position and i was told it was permanent. You lied to me. And don't beat around the bush when you fire somebody. All they want is honesty and you gave me an answer you wouldn't put in writing.

Other Employee Reviews for Retail Information Systems

1. "Needs a lot of work to succeed"

Pros

There were certain days where you would have social fridays.

Cons

Certain people that thought were upper management were constantly in everyone's business and trying to control every aspect. People were stepping on others toes, questioning why you were doing something a certain way. Very tense environment.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and treat employees with respect.

2. "Partner"

Current Employee - Partner in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Partner in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Retail Information Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and work life balance

Cons

Industry is subsiding, business model changes