RetailMeNot - Great people and great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RetailMeNot

"Great people and great place to work."

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - UI Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The organisation is very organized and people are very talented and nice at the same time. They provide lot of perks but I believe most startup companies provide that to attract talent. I love to go to work because I don't feel like I am going to work; it feels like I am going for a venture. Financial situation of company is being shared with everyone which gives a feeling of everyone owes ownership. I will recommend any of my friend and other talent people outside my circle to become part of this company. Did I forget to mention about PTO policy? Yes, they have open PTO policy which is pretty cool.

Cons

I agree with previous review saying that this company requires a lot to be part of it. It can demand for extra hours but in return they treat you very well.

Other Employee Reviews for RetailMeNot

"It is fun, exciting, open, and a place where fresh ideas are welcomed."

Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Austin, TX

Pros

There are so many reasons to work here: Profitable startup (mitigated risk), great leadership, company transparency, open PTO, good benefits, lots of employee perks, room for growth and career development, competitive salaries, and equity.

Cons

The startup environment is demanding, so it isn't for everyone. At times, there may be long hours, but typically those are balanced by the good work/life balance that an open PTO policy allows.

2. "Fun company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

- Great company perks (free breakfast and lunch, team lunches/socials, annual holidays, games areas)
    - Very open culture. No question/idea is frowned upon
    - GM is very personable and is extremely passionate about the brand

Cons

- Little scope for career progression unless someone leaves
    - Promotions are more based on time spent in the business rather than achievement
    - Underlying unhappiness amongst the team that no one feels able to vocalise

Advice to Management

Encourage Directors to trust their team and stop micromanaging. Find a way to ensure employees don't start looking elsewhere for jobs because of lack of career progression internally