RetailMeNot - Great people, fun place to work, and many opportunities for individual growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RetailMeNot

"Great people, fun place to work, and many opportunities for individual growth."

Current Employee - Site Operations Coordinator in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Site Operations Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at WhaleShark are what I look forward to the most when going to work. I have really enjoyed working with my team and others from different departments. Our recruiting team has done a fantastic job hiring highly motivated and cultured people.

Our company wide meetings keep me informed of our performance and success as we continue to quickly grow. These meetings allow me to see how my work contributes to the overall growth of the company.

The open kitchen and catered meals keep me energized and ready to work. The company parties are a lot of fun and a great opportunity to meet people from all over the company.

Cons

When working with fun and amazing people, it can sometimes be hard not to have too much fun, but I don't mind since these people are the reason why I love working at WhaleShark!

Advice to Management

I really support the focus on company transparency. Some of the best ideas may come from anyone in the company and I really appreciate that management is approachable and always willing to listen to our feedback. Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for RetailMeNot

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Accounts in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun place to work with a good environment and location. The office itself is nice and work load is not too severe.

Cons

It is very cultish here. Everyone considers themselves to be the brightest people, though few actually are, and that arrogance binds everybody. It's very strange. I'd say the intelligence level at WS is average but thinks much higher. The HR department is really poor, so good luck with the interview process. I hated it, but guess it worked out in the end.

Advice to Management

Better hiring practices and better HR.

2. "Great work, great friends, great place."

Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is hard to pick where to begin with a company like Whaleshark.

Whaleshark has a wide-open information policy, a relatable and interested executive team, great perks, better rewards, and highly intelligent/motivated employees (most of which have made several close friends within the company).

From a more social perspective, the office itself is bright and fun, the people are focused on their work but never above a good laugh, company parties and activities are always a blast, and the frequently catered breakfast/lunches and fully stocked kitchen is pretty cool.

I would reccommend Whaleshark to anyone I know.

Cons

With so many fun people nearby, a plethora of movie and video game toys/posters on desks and walls, and so much good food in the kitchen, sometimes it can be hard to stay at your desk and work all day.

But hey, that's a pretty good problem to have, right? Luckily I believe in the work I do for Whaleshark and working hard to show that is something I take pride in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The recent focus on goal setting, increased department transparency, etc. etc. are really going to help continue to strengthen this company.