RetailMeNot - Would not recommend | Glassdoor

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Accounts in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Accounts in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun place to work with a good environment and location. The office itself is nice and work load is not too severe.

Cons

It is very cultish here. Everyone considers themselves to be the brightest people, though few actually are, and that arrogance binds everybody. It's very strange. I'd say the intelligence level at WS is average but thinks much higher. The HR department is really poor, so good luck with the interview process. I hated it, but guess it worked out in the end.

Advice to Management

Better hiring practices and better HR.

Other Employee Reviews for RetailMeNot

1. "Great work, great friends, great place."

Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is hard to pick where to begin with a company like Whaleshark.

Whaleshark has a wide-open information policy, a relatable and interested executive team, great perks, better rewards, and highly intelligent/motivated employees (most of which have made several close friends within the company).

From a more social perspective, the office itself is bright and fun, the people are focused on their work but never above a good laugh, company parties and activities are always a blast, and the frequently catered breakfast/lunches and fully stocked kitchen is pretty cool.

I would reccommend Whaleshark to anyone I know.

Cons

With so many fun people nearby, a plethora of movie and video game toys/posters on desks and walls, and so much good food in the kitchen, sometimes it can be hard to stay at your desk and work all day.

But hey, that's a pretty good problem to have, right? Luckily I believe in the work I do for Whaleshark and working hard to show that is something I take pride in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The recent focus on goal setting, increased department transparency, etc. etc. are really going to help continue to strengthen this company.

2. "Exceptional talent, big opportunities @ high-energy, data-driven company."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prime opportunity to work with bright people in a quickly evolving industry.

Cons

Resource allocation is not a strength of the company.