RetailMeNot - Could be a lot better. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RetailMeNot

"Could be a lot better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits/Perks are amazing. Best CEO. Free food all the time.

Cons

They expect you to stay late and really don't appreciate what you do for the company. The most you will get is a thank you email after putting in long hours over the weekend.

Advice to Management

Try and understand what a work life balance is. We all work really hard and sometimes yall ask for too much. We cant always work weekends just because something needs to get done. We have families and would like to see our kids grow up.

Other Employee Reviews for RetailMeNot

"One of the best compensation/perks packages in Austin"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people; very open culture; no offices through the entire company means lots of team collaboration; lots of free stuff (breakfast and lunch, snacks, coffee, t-shirts, hoodies, keychains, mugs); Makerbot 3D printer to play around with; challenging and interesting work; great pay and benefits; public transportation stipend if you give up your parking space; strong products with lots of growth potential; strong management team; open vacation policy; clearly defined path for growth and promotion expectations. Oh, and they have Segways you can borrow if you need to go around Austin during the day.

Cons

I honestly don't even know what to put here. Some might be put off by the lack of offices. Culture is not very big on work-from-home. It's also very startup-ish, even though they're now a public corporation - that could be good or bad depending on your outlook.

Advice to Management

I would love to work from home more often, within reason - half the time the team discusses things through chat anyway, and I live far enough away that I could actually get a couple extra hours of work in just by staying home. Maybe a limit on the number of days per week?

2. "A great experience with an amazing company"

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool culture, great work environment, free breakfast and lunch, intelligent people, competitive compensation, cutting edge tech, big data,. great networking.

Cons

Stressful at times, long work hours, open work space with no offices, difficult to book a conference room, no puppy filled break rooms.

Advice to Management

Get some offices and more bathrooms. Thanks, I love my job!