Rethink Mental Illness - Friendly employees, committed to making a difference | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rethink Mental Illness

"Friendly employees, committed to making a difference"

Former Employee - Intern in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Intern in London, England (UK)

I worked at Rethink Mental Illness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are passionate about helping people with mental illness but also highly professional. There are lots of opportunities to collaborate with other organisations - including government and other mental health charities.

Cons

Interns are unpaid - though this shouldn't be surprising for a charity with limited resources.

Other Employee Reviews for Rethink Mental Illness

1. "Worst job of my life"

Former Contractor - Personal Assistant in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Personal Assistant in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at Rethink Mental Illness as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The charity themselves do fantastic work for service users and carers of those with mental health illness(es), specifically Schizophrenia.

Cons

Boss was a bully, no support from company over the way he was. Several of us had a problem with him and yet nothing was done about the situation despite official complaints. Management took his side every time. He would even write down notes of conversations, keep voicemail messages and would refuse to let you talk to your colleagues.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees at the bottom of the ladder. Without those employees the company would not function. Support your employees at the bottom as well as those climbing the ladder.

2. "Support staff"

Former Employee - Resettlement
    Former Employee - Resettlement

I worked at Rethink Mental Illness full-time

Pros

Great services that really do aim to tackle some of the most vulenerable members of society. Caring attitude towards service users.

Cons

Prison services not ran with a person centred focus for services users or employees and seems to highlight outlooks and client turnovers.

No/minimul support for employers suffering from mental illness themselves. I was unfortunate to lose a sibling and after suffered from PDSD, depression and even attempting to take my own life due to circumstances. I recieved little if no support and was pursicuted over minor mistakes i made which happended after tramatic event had occured. Due to a collection of minor mistakes i was dismissed which i can accept. What i now feel disappointed with was the support i failed to recieve from an apperant outstanding mental health service, if they fail to properly look after and listen to staff how can services deliver a consistant and caring service.

Advice to Management

Use a structured management system that works properly. Actucally use the information you recieve during supervison to improve staffs mental wellbeing. Try to be more client focused and not goal focused regarding client turnover.