Revel Consulting - It’s all about the people… | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

"It’s all about the people…"

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Revel for almost 7 years and I can say the reason why I've been here for so long are the people. The people are authentic, genuine, and continuously challenge me to be better. The human centered, opt-in, show don't tell culture gives me the space and opportunity to "see what can be.”

Cons

If you prefer long standing processes and steadiness, you may have a difficult time acclimating to Revel. Revel’s culture encourages innovation / entrepreneurial mindset which may lead to a period of uncertainty before clarity is achieved.

Advice to Management

Continue creating spaces to empower Revelers to foster their passions and continue to focus on growing Revel’s business opportunities within Washington and targeted markets.

Sep 13, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback! We truly appreciate hearing from our current associates. I'm thrilled that your experience has been rewarding and challenging. We... More

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting

"Staff Augmentation Firm, NOT a Consulting Firm"

Former Employee - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company tries to foster culture and relationships with outings, events, etc.
    Tries hard to represent employees as "consultants."

Cons

• Hardware and equipment was not up to date and I was not given proper hardware required for my job and had to purchase myself
    • Expenses were often paid late (sometimes 90 days)
    • Revel takes a higher percentage than other staffing firms (about 60% when other firms are taking 25%)
    • I never felt supported when I'd come to Revel with issues on my contract and ended up negotiating and dealing directly with my stakeholder
    • Contrary to popular belief, Revel does NOT offer bench pay (at least in my case). When your contract ends, you’re on your own (and on un-employment)
    • Managers, if you even know who your manager is since they switch so often, will not help you find a new role
    • Non-compete is very strict
    • Not a lot of forward growth
    • CEO's messages felt unstable, erratic even
    • Two different MSFT contractor roles I interviewed with this month questioned my time at Revel and both made comments that they will no longer work with Revel.

Advice to Management

You're a staffing firm. Please realize it. Stop taking so much pay from your employee's projects, especially when they have to find their own projects.

Or, help employees find new projects.

May 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We truly value this type of feedback. As a firm that believes in taking a human centered approach to our associates, we offer a few different... More

2. "Overall, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Culture: people are encouraged to do what they're passionate about
    - Highly collaborative environment gives you a chance to learn from people you might not encounter in your day-to-day
    - Leadership really cares about what you have to say
    - EdEx benefits for continuing education and pursuing your passions

Cons

- Too much ambiguity, lack of clarity around what "opting-in" means
    - No clear path to advancement or growth
    - Your manager changes when you project changes; leads to lack of continuity

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Establishing a little more rigor around internal processes and associate development would go a long way.

May 11, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Revel. We are working on several exciting initiatives, including more structure around your... More